Home Music Share tracks in Alphabetical order?

bmayday

Good day everyone. Sometime semi-recently I noticed an update occurred where all of the music displayed via 'Home Music Share' is now in Alphabetical order instead of track order.

I don't have this problem when playing music directly saved on my phone (My Music>Phone), but on everything on Home Music Share> [My PC].
I tried adding a number before the filename, but it's ordering them alphabetically by song title metadata.

This is driving me mad, I just want to listen to album in their correct track order. Is there any fix?

It was fixed in an update but got broken again in a subsequent one.

Same problem, both of my WiiMs (home and office) went useless, can't listen to any music without proper order :(

Same problem, both of my WiiMs (home and office) went useless, can't listen to any music without proper order :(
What music server are you using as some servers don't send the track listing in the correct order.

There's a bug with the WiiM app at the moment that when fixed should display the tracks in the order they've been sent from the server, but that will still result in some music server listings looking wrong because the server has sent it in the wrong order.

If you really want to use the WiiM app and not a much better alternative (BubbleUPnP, Hi-Fi Cast e.t.c) then MinimServer as the music server is the best there is at the moment. The free version will fix the ordering problem, and the paid version will allow you to do things like add tracknumber to the album track listing (tagFormat: title.displayFormat={$tracknumber^^ - ^$title}), show TrackArtist in the track listing instead of AlbumArtist (upnpCustom: roleTags={}) as well as many other customisations.

My comments are based on the Android WiiM app as the iOS app does differ e.g. it displays artwork throughout the browse tree.

Just created an account due to this issue, is there anyway we can flag this to be fixed? Cheers, Andrew

Just created an account due to this issue, is there anyway we can flag this to be fixed? Cheers, Andrew
Hi Ruffy, Team

We're aware of this bug and this will be fixed in our next App release. It'll be around 5/15. Please stay tuned! Thank you!

Even though Wiim have responded here, when you have an issue it’s best to use the feedback section in the WiiM app to raise a ticket to WiiM so they can inspect your device logs, diagnose the root cause and hopefully come up with a fix.

Hi Team,

The track order is a known bug from our APP. We have fixed it and will release the fix early next week. Please stay tuned! I appreciate your patience.

Wasn't it fixed then broken? At least WiiM are expecting to fix it in the next release...
Hi Brantome,

It was fixed partially. Then, we found it didn't work for some use cases. That additional fix broke the previous one. Now we found the root cause and fixed it in the right way. Please stay tuned!

Hi Brantome,

It was fixed partially. Then, we found it didn't work for some use cases. That additional fix broke the previous one. Now we found the root cause and fixed it in the right way. Please stay tuned!
I REALLY hope the fix is to use the order that the tracks were sent by the music server (the order in the xml) as this is the correct way of doing it and what you appear to be doing everywhere else.
I appreciate that some servers don't send it correctly e.g. Windows Media Sharing, so if you wanted to sort these "properly" too then you'd need to make that server specific.

Would be nice to have Track Artists populated correctly too. I think at the moment you just pull the first artist tag which is AlbumArtist for MinimServer and AssetUPnP:
Code:
<upnp:artist role="AlbumArtist">Elton John</upnp:artist>
<upnp:artist>Elton John, Dua Lipa</upnp:artist>
but that's maybe for another day :)

It seems that track ordering has been fixed again. Music served by Windows Media Player is still correctly in the wrong order (the way it sends it).

It now doesn't crash when the album has a disc subtitle, although for some reason WiiM are bringing all of those to the top when they should appear just before the first track of the relevant disc.

DiscSubtitles.jpg

Minor niggles aside it's been a good couple of updates (firmware and app) from a UPnP perspective.

Minor niggles aside it's been a good couple of updates (firmware and app) from a UPnP perspective.
Yip, good progress :)

Hope Wiim are getting towards the end of their bug fixing phase and can start back on the development of some of the items on the roadmaps, or at least sort those into some sort of priority list with very rough timelines.

Back