Can the Wiim Mini phone app be made to store albums in the order they were saved?

By the way, why not put the whole My Discovery in a new playlist?

That way, you can find an album of tracks you like while playing that playlist on WHA. To be more specific, all you have to do is open that playlist in WHA and tap on "Show Albums" from the three-point icon. Alternatively, you can get there from the screen during playback. You can also follow your watch history from "Recently Played" (but not AlexaCast watch history

I do my editing work in the native app, and music play from WHA or Voice Control.

The WiiM Windows app is in beta and most of its features are still unfinished. Therefore, it is currently assumed that you will use a mobile phone or tablet.

I do have MDM saved in my playlists. That's where I open it up to listen every Monday. I didn't think about looking up the album from there. That's just too easy for my feeble mind! I'll do that now. But I'll have to listen to them all to remember which ones I saved.

But I would still like to be able to list the albums in the order they were saved. This makes it easier for me to remember them. I have short term memory loss and when the albums are alphabetical it takes them out of my perspective.

Thanks for the tip!

I do have MDM saved in my playlists. That's where I open it up to listen every Monday. I didn't think about looking up the album from there. That's just too easy for my feeble mind! I'll do that now. But I'll have to listen to them all to remember which ones I saved.

But I would still like to be able to list the albums in the order they were saved. This makes it easier for me to remember them. I have short term memory loss and when the albums are alphabetical it takes them out of my perspective.

Thanks for the tip!

Yes, I would be happy if I could sort it too. However, this feature was not even in Androidn's native apps. It has only recently been installed and may not yet be available to external services like WiiM.

Amazon has a new beta API, and Linkplay is working on getting it on. In the not-too-distant future, almost all the features of the Amazon Music app may be possible with WHA.🙂

It sounds a bit like how I do things in Tidal.
If I find a song I like by an artist I've not heard before I click the title then 'go to album', and add the album to a "to try" playlist.
At some point I get around to actually playing that playlist to see if I like other tracks by the artist.

Edit - As it's a 'temporary' playlist I just delete it and recreate it once done, ready for another set of albums.

Last edited:
Just one of the reasons I dislike using the phone for anything. Getting around on one is just a PITA for me anyways. I find using the notebook so much easier and nicer. I usually have many windows open at once which makes going back and forth between windows so nice. The phone on the other hand is limited and one needs to leave one thing to get to another, then again and again. Fat fingers don't help either.

It sounds a bit like how I do things in Tidal.
If I find a song I like by an artist I've not heard before I click the title then 'go to album', and add the album to a "to try" playlist.
At some point I get around to actually playing that playlist to see if I like other tracks by the artist.

I listen to Tidal's My Daily Discovery to find new music. I listen to the ten songs in the list and save the albums of the songs I like. Since there are only ten songs listed daily I may save one or two, sometimes none. The albums are saved, then easily found at the beginning of my albums. l then listened to them and If I don't like it I will delete it.

I like checking out My Daily Discovery and My New Arrivals.

I listen to Tidal's My Daily Discovery to find new music. I listen to the ten songs in the list and save the albums of the songs I like. Since there are only ten songs listed daily I may save one or two, sometimes none. The albums are saved, then easily found at the beginning of my albums. l then listened to them and If I don't like it I will delete it.

I like checking out My Daily Discovery and My New Arrivals.
Yeah, I don't like adding them to My Albums untill I'm sure I like them enough for that!
Sometimes I'll use bubbleupnp (android app) to shuffle play tracks from all albums in my collection.

"I like checking out My Daily Discovery"

Better than having to wait until Friday... cough, Qobuz...
Fighting talk!

In case that doesn't translate as intended, and it is meant as a jibe:
noun BRITISH
noun: fighting talk
words that indicate a willingness to fight or challenge someone or that are likely to cause confrontation.

@Mr Ee
En garde! 😉
Like to have ALL the new entries at one place. And here Qobuz for me is better than the competition. And since the industry decided to publish new albums every Friday I check every Friday.

Japan AMU has a playlist called "Recently Played Songs and More". It literally plays a mix of recently played songs and similar songs. I like this one more than My Discovery.

Back