Can the Wiim Mini phone app be made to store albums in the order they were saved?

suede

When I listen to Amazon Music's My Discovery Mix I hear a song I like then save that album to listen to later. When I go to albums they are listed in alphabetical order. I then have to thumb through the hundreds of albums to find the ones I just saved.
If there was an option in settings to change the list from alphabetical to most recent saved it would be very helpful.

Just in case...

In the wiim home app. Browse menu, music services, amazon alexa. Then, still in wiim app, go to the Device menu, click the cog (settings), then toggle on hd/uhd within the amazon alexa settings menu.

You should find a 'round' cast icon for the wiim in the amazon app's cast options.

Why not use the native amazon app and cast to the wiim?

Last time I checked Amazon didn't work or wasn't recognized by the Wiim. When I'm home and listening to the Wiim connected to my stereo I can cast Tidal from my notebook fine but not Amazon. I have to use my phone to cast Amazon to the Wiim.

The phone isn't able to list my albums in the order I saved them, unlike how I have them on my notebook.

I'm using my notebook/phone connected to the Wiim wirelessly which is connected to an external DAC which is connected to my preamp.

I don't use Alexa.

One of wiim's distinguishing features is casting from amazon music.
This isn't 'using alexa'.
This is merely registering / linking your wiim with your amazon account so it can be cast to via alexacast.

One of wiim's distinguishing features is casting from amazon music.
This isn't 'using alexa'.
This is merely registering / linking your wiim with your amazon account so it can be cast to via alexacast.

I checked the Alexacast page and followed the instructions. When I tapped on the casting icon where it's supposed to show my devices. It shows only the speakers/headphones that are on my notebook.

I enabled Amazon Alexa on my phone. I open that but none of my music is there. I tap on Albums or Playlists then I have to type in which one I want to hear. Can't say I'd even want to use this.

I still can't use my Notebook as it isn't recognized or doesn't recognize anything Alexa.

Have to stop as my phone battery is nearly dead.

No need for installing / using amazon alexa on your phone.
Ought to be as simple as registering your wiim with amazon in the wiim app, then using the amazon music app on your phone / tablet to cast to the wiim.

When I first got the Wiim Mini I registered Tidal and Amazon Music with it. I've been using my phone to play through it. The notebook is not recognized. Tidal works fine.

No need for installing / using amazon alexa on your phone.
Ought to be as simple as registering your wiim with amazon in the wiim app, then using the amazon music app on your phone / tablet to cast to the wiim.
Do you use a notebook to cast to the Wiim? Or are you using your phone? I believe I'm wasting my time. As far as I know Amazon Music isn't compatible with a notebook and a wireless streamer.

As I've stated, my notebook has no way to link to anything Alexacast. It's been like this since the beginning.

Do you use a notebook to cast to the Wiim? Or are you using your phone? I believe I'm wasting my time. As far as I know Amazon Music isn't compatible with a notebook and a wireless streamer.

As I've stated, my notebook has no way to link to anything Alexacast. It's been like this since the beginning.
AlexaCast is only available for iOS and Android.

AlexaCast is only available for iOS and Android.

Just as I thought. I've been led astray by Mr Ee believing I could use my laptop to stream wirelessly to the Wiim.

Thanks for reaffirming what I already thought was the current state of affairs.

I apologise if you think I led you astray.
The original post didn't mention notebook vs phone, just an issue using amazon within the wiim app.
I made the (reasonable?) assumption that you possibly hadn't set up the wiim fully for amazon casting, which is a common issue as it's not intuative.
You then wrote "I have to use my phone to cast Amazon to the Wiim. The phone isn't able to list my albums in the order I saved them..", again implying that you weren't using alexacast from your phone.
I specifically wrote "No need for installing / using amazon alexa on your phone."

Still, hopefuly you're now able to use amazon as desired from your phone?

I apologise if you think I led you astray.
The original post didn't mention notebook vs phone, just an issue using amazon within the wiim app.
I made the (reasonable?) assumption that you possibly hadn't set up the wiim fully for amazon casting, which is a common issue as it's not intuative.
You then wrote "I have to use my phone to cast Amazon to the Wiim. The phone isn't able to list my albums in the order I saved them..", again implying that you weren't using alexacast from your phone.
I specifically wrote "No need for installing / using amazon alexa on your phone."

Still, hopefuly you're now able to use amazon as desired from your phone?

You must have missed post #8 & 10 where I talked about the problem I was having.

I never had a problem using the phone app wirelessly to the Wiim, see posts #4 & 10.

The first post was about the problem with the phone app not allowing to set the albums in the order they were received on the phone app. Post #4 starts to get into the problem with using the notebook. Your replies after post #4 I had thought you had a way to stream from the notebook.

Just as I thought. I've been led astray by Mr Ee believing I could use my laptop to stream wirelessly to the Wiim.

Thanks for reaffirming what I already thought was the current state of affairs.
You shouldn't blame Mr Ee. I think he was giving proper advice in line with your first post.

There's no blame to place. He just misunderstood what was going on and I didn't understand anything about Alexacast. He tried to help, I was ignorant.

Last edited:
We got off track from the very beginning. My original post was about the way the albums are stored and if they could be stored in the order they were saved.
Don't know how things went sideways.

Hopefully the order albums are listed can be set to the order they were saved.
When I listen to My Discovery Mix I use my phone, but also watch the list on my notebook. If I like a song I'll save the album on my notebook so I can listen to the whole thing later. But when I go to look the album up on the phone, it was saved in alphabetical order, then I have to search through hundreds of albums to find it. On my notebook it's right there at the beginning because I have them saved in the order they were saved.

Using the notebook is so much easier than the phone. I really don't like using the phone except for taking photos and for the maps app. And Mondays to check My Discovery Mix.
I mostly stream Tidal through the notebook and will look there for the albums I find on Amazon My Discovery Mix that I like so I don't have to use the phone.

By the way, why not put the whole My Discovery in a new playlist?

That way, you can find an album of tracks you like while playing that playlist on WHA. To be more specific, all you have to do is open that playlist in WHA and tap on "Show Albums" from the three-point icon. Alternatively, you can get there from the screen during playback. You can also follow your watch history from "Recently Played" (but not AlexaCast watch history

I do my editing work in the native app, and music play from WHA or Voice Control.

The WiiM Windows app is in beta and most of its features are still unfinished. Therefore, it is currently assumed that you will use a mobile phone or tablet.

Back