Will the app show folders as icons in the Home Music Share section?

Roma_Rio

Will the app show folders as icons in the Home Music Share section? Is it possible to change it in the app?

I was just about to say that the Android app only displays album artwork, but I thought I'd check first, and lo and behold all the artwork for indexes now displays too!
When did that happen?

Any display elements beyond the Home Music Share screen is controlled by your media server, but it looks like if your media server supports folder artwork then the WHA will display it, now. If your server doesn't provide artwork it looks like the WHA does have a default, but I don't believe there's any way to control that.

What media server are you using?

Off to have a deeper look now!

Last edited:
Yes,it will show folders. Here is a screenshot from my Android phone. Note it does take several clicks to get to the foders. Then clicking on one of the folders shown in the screenshot brings up the artist folders, clicking further brings up the album folders for them, then clicking on an album brings up the individual music files from that album.

WiiM Home app screenshot.png

My SSD plug to router

Attachments

• S30820-22072752.png
    S30820-22072752.png
    952.1 KB · Views: 9
  • S30820-22074914.png
    S30820-22074914.png
    1 MB · Views: 10
My SSD plug to router
That's what mine used to look like.

I'm on Android with WHA version 2.5.6.230817.

Even if your server doesn't provide artwork I'd expect to see the default icons. I'll try another server shortly.

EDIT: I tried Windows Media Sharing that doesn't provide artwork but the WHA still displayed defaults.

Last edited:
That's what mine used to look like.

I'm on Android with WHA version 2.5.6.230817.

Even if your server doesn't provide artwork I'd expect to see the default icons. I'll try another server shortly.

EDIT: I tried Windows Media Sharing that doesn't provide artwork but the WHA still displayed defaults.
Thank you! Just update app!))

Attachments

• S30821-00193962.png
    S30821-00193962.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 6
Back