How to set up Wiim Mini Home Theater?

ThoughtFission

Hi. Is it possible to set up a home theater using the wiim mini from my laptop. I'd like to split the video out of the laptop through an HDMI connection to the TV, and, the Audio to the Wiim which is in turn attached to a pair of Sonos or Echo Studio speakers. Is this doable? If so, how would I do it?

Thanks!

Hi. Is it possible to set up a home theater using the wiim mini from my laptop. I'd like to split the video out of the laptop through an HDMI connection to the TV, and, the Audio to the Wiim which is in turn attached to a pair of Sonos or Echo Studio speakers. Is this doable? If so, how would I do it?

Thanks!
You’d be better off with a fire tv 4K max stick or 3rd gen fire tv cube plugged into the tv and use an Alexa home theater setup to feed a pair of echo studios if that’s what you’re using. The WiiM won’t be able to support Dolby audio formats

You’d be better off with a fire tv 4K max stick or 3rd gen fire tv cube plugged into the tv and use an Alexa home theater setup to feed a pair of echo studios if that’s what you’re using. The WiiM won’t be able to support Dolby audio formats
That was the other option I had in Mind. Thanks for the confirmation, I think I'll go with that. BTW, Brantome France?

Back