How to setup a NAS on my WiiM Mini

Steve

Hi,
I am new to WiiM and to this forum. In setting up my new device it’s unclear to me how to get my WiiM Mini to see my NAS. Any help in doing so would be much appreciated please.

Steve.

In the wiim app, it should be as simple as Browse, Home Music Share - assuming you have a media server running on the nas.
If it's effectively just a hard drive, then I think you'll need to wait for SMB support, which in in the roadmap.

Okay - thanks. I have Plex, but currently I’m using Volumio. I’ll check for a media server available in Volumio.

Okay - thanks. I have Plex, but currently I’m using Volumio. I’ll check for a media server available in Volumio.
If you are using Plex you’ll need to switch on upnp/dlna support inside the Plex server and the WiiM should see it as will Volumio

I think I’m right in saying that Volumio can also see SMB shares ie a file share and doesn’t need a media server.

Plex is ok but the two best media servers for audio are LMS and Roon. LMS is free Roon costs $$. Both Volumio and WiiM can work with LMS.

Back