How has the Mini changed?

flatwound

Bought a new mini last week, my second mini. The original mini was gifted to a family member, and the new mini is in my listening room.
After setup, I noticed that the Aux out sound from the new mini is much improved over the original mini. So much so, that I no longer feel a *pressing* need to toslink out to my external dac. With the original mini, aux out was not very impressive.
The new mini is a C2ea model, build date 08183023. Did they make a hw or sw change in the newer versions?

what is to be feared is that it may correspond to a degradation of the old one..

Bought a new mini last week, my second mini. The original mini was gifted to a family member, and the new mini is in my listening room.
After setup, I noticed that the Aux out sound from the new mini is much improved over the original mini. So much so, that I no longer feel a *pressing* need to toslink out to my external dac. With the original mini, aux out was not very impressive.
The new mini is a C2ea model, build date 08183023. Did they make a hw or sw change in the newer versions?
Not that I’m aware, but as you’ll know, they are subject to regular firmware updates.

Any hardware changes would require re-certifying with the FCC. That hasn't happened. I suspect the usual, confirmation bias.

I'm not really surprised, my first Mini unit measured much worse than the second one with huge differences between channels. A sign of that can be seen in Amir test on ASR.

The Mini listed among prominent neighborhood in yesterday released Stereophile magazin as part of "Editor's 2023 Recommendations". Not too bad 😉

IMG_1618.jpeg

Back