Intermittent static with Coax and SPDIF out, but only on some songs?

Floridaman

Has anyone else had this Coax or SPDIF out issue with some songs? I think I found an issue or bug.

I use Tidal with the Wiim Pro and when I use RCA line out to my receiver everything works great for all song types.

When I use Coax or SPDIF out to my receiver, I receive intermittent static but with only select songs.

My test: Tidal songs for London Grammar (Non Believer MASTER 1603 kbps, 24bits, 88.2kHz), or Washed Out (Too Late MASTER 1738kbps, 24 bits, 88.2 kHz) have intermittent static on SPDIF out and Coax out (RCA Line out works fine).
I can use Coax and SPDIF out just fine for other Tidal songs like: Pink Floyd Comfortably Numb (MASTER, 1718 kbps, 24 bits, 96 kHz) and Stevie Ray Vaughn Texas Flood Live (MASTER, 897 kbps, 24 bits, 88.2 kHz)

I changed the output setting in the app to Coax, SPDIF, Line Out correctly. I tried different audio and coax lines and it made no difference.

Is anyone else seeing this or can you test?

Floridaman

Is that the London Grammar album where they intentionally added clicks and scratches to make it sound like an old vinyl record? Maybe the Pro’s DAC doesn’t deal well with these on its analogue output?

Is that the London Grammar album where they intentionally added clicks and scratches to make it sound like an old vinyl record? Maybe the Pro’s DAC doesn’t deal well with these on its analogue output?
The album is Californian Soil. Great album with brilliant Hannah Reid.

Yes, I think it is. It sounds scratchy even on the MASTER level track on Tidal. I will try with older London Grammar tracks.
Note - I had the same issue with Washed Out tracks from Tidal.
Please help check if the EQ is set. You might find it beneficial to disable it as a troubleshooting step.

Back