Wiim Pro problem with output audio

HiFi_freak

Hi,

I ethernet connected the Wiim Pro with my dac via SPDIF/Toslink and via coax. I use Tidal HiFi Master HiRes.
Toslink:
Test-tone sounds with 24/192
The master music from Tidal via Dac: only 44khz

Coax:
Test-tone sounds with 24/192
Tidal Master via Dac only 48khz

I have a prof. Dac:

Manunta (M2Tech) DAC TWO Plus

• Kategorie: D/A-Wandler
  • Price: 760$
  • Digital inputs: USB, S/PDIF Cinch, Toslink, I²S to HDMI
  • Output: 1 x Cinch
  • Samplingrate: 44.1-384 kHz, 16-32 Bit | DSD64 - DSD256
What is wrong? Is it a problem from the Wiim Pro?
As connection cable I took the stock cable from Wiim.

Last edited:
And what about the situation when no DAC is connected?
So, I tested the hole instruction you’d described above exactly, again.
Now, it is working!!
With all combination there are the same resolution values on the Wiim App and the Tidal App , incl. 24/88 and 24/96….with the both DACs and without a DAC!

THANK YOU very much!!

What’s about cable and/or output change (tos/coax)?
If I exchange the original cable for a higher quality tos cable or if I change the tos ouput for the coax ouput?
Can this change anything? Normally the resolution values stay the same, right? Can the sound change?

If the existing toslink cable works fine, you won't get any improvement after the exchange. Of course you can try yourself, trust your ears and report it later.
The same with coax instead of toslink, as far as your DAC has no issues with any digital input. Toslink is still preferable due to the galvanic isolation.

One of the minefield questions in the internet. If you have approx. three years time you can check the judgements. And you will find countless pros and cons for both.
My personal unmeasured experience tells me that a well built good shielded 75 Ohm coax cable will have the same results. And does high quality not always give a better feeling? And sometimes even better sound. But as in the above post mentioned it will be difficult to hear a difference.

One of the minefield questions in the internet. If you have approx. three years time you can check the judgements. And you will find countless pros and cons for both.
My personal unmeasured experience tells me that a well built good shielded 75 Ohm coax cable will have the same results. And does high quality not always give a better feeling? And sometimes even better sound. But as in the above post mentioned it will be difficult to hear a difference.
;)…I understand.
Thanks a lot.

Back