iTunes Library

@Brantome
Why do you think so?
Have you already seen this bug?
Is there a workaround?
TIA
It is normal that the metadata is put into the stream by the sending server. It is also normal that you can control what appears in the server’s settings somewhere. Check the Asset manual

It is normal that the metadata is put into the stream by the sending server. It is also normal that you can control what appears in the server’s settings somewhere. Check the Asset manual
Done it.
No info about the issue.

From memory, I believe you can configure AssetUPNP to how to handle specific tags e.g. see “Fill Missing Album Artist Tags from Artist or Compilation Tags if set will always ensure the Album Artist tag is set.on https://www.dbpoweramp.com/Help/AssetUPnP/advanced.html

There may be a similar configuration setting for what you are experiencing
I have read carefully, but I cannot see anything related to the issue.

Can someone please suggest an app (Windows or IOS) that I can use to "inspect" the data returned by AssetUPNP?
(Or more in general, from a DLNA/UPNP server?)
TIA

Well, I installed also MinimServer (which BTW has a free version).
MinimServer does not exhibit the issue of substituting Artist with Composer (when the latter is not empty...).
Hence, the culprit is AssetUPNP !
I have reported the issue on the AssetUPNP forum, and I hope that the developers will correct it.
Anyway, I am now evaluating MinimServer and, if useful, I have no problems to subscribe to the paid version.
I am very surprised, though, that MinimServer seems to have not an option to run natively as a service in Windows.
@Al Lee
Am I correct?
How do you run it as a service?
TIA

Back