Just Delivered Amp - Ethernet Port Faulty

Everythings on one flat network. The ethernet on the device is faulty. Cable is fine (I've tested it) and I've tried multiple switch ports and can't even get a link light
Ah jeez... that's unfortunate with the hardware fault.

Ah jeez... that's unfortunate with the hardware fault.
Yeah it's making me reconsider my switch from Sonos. I had old Zoneplayers and just wanted Airplay as my wife prefers not to mess around in the app. I couldn't justify the outlay for the newer Sonos Amps so thought Wiim would be a good alternative. It's concerning that the build quality may not be up to scratch. The Sonos was working without missing a beat since 2005...

Yeah it's making me reconsider my switch from Sonos. I had old Zoneplayers and just wanted Airplay as my wife prefers not to mess around in the app. I couldn't justify the outlay for the newer Sonos Amps so thought Wiim would be a good alternative. It's concerning that the build quality may not be up to scratch. The Sonos was working without missing a beat since 2005...
I bought through Amazon as well but everything worked out. It's a nice little device once it's going. Amazon is usually pretty good for returns and then re-order a new one.

WiiM Amp is really versatile for music services, so good value and functionality for a smallish price. Hopefully you can stick it out as the payoff has been great so far.

I bought through Amazon as well but everything worked out. It's a nice little device once it's going. Amazon is usually pretty good for returns and then re-order a new one.

WiiM Amp is really versatile for music services, so good value and functionality for a smallish price. Hopefully you can stick it out as the payoff has been great so far.
Both purchased through Amazon. First one was fine. When I first set it up it sounded awful. It was flat and didn't seem to be capable of the same volume as the Sonos ZP120 when connected to the same speakers (Polk Audio RC60i in ceiling). However it seems fine now and I've had it cranked up today.

The features look good but I'm an Apple Music user so that's not great. I can Airplay to the Amp and add sources such as my Denon Amp but the quality won't be the greatest. On the other hand if I start something in the Wiim app I'm restricted to adding other Wiim devices as sources. It'll be a learning curve no doubt.

The second won't work with a wired connection. Amazon have credited me to purchase a replacement and told me they don't want/can't take this one back...

Last edited:
Did you simply replace the original WiiM Amp with the newly purchased one, not changing anything else? That would be the real acid test. Best to do a factory reset, first.

The Sonos was working without missing a beat since 2005...
Sonos, well, Sonos ... there's nothing better than Sonos, right? Maybe Bose is better, yeah, Bose. Or Devialet, possibly. Who knows?

Amazon have credited me to purchase a replacement and told me they don't want/can't take this one back...
As has been mentioned before, it's not important if you bought through Amazon marketplace or not. It's a matter of who's the seller.

Did you simply replace the original WiiM Amp with the newly purchased one, not changing anything else? That would be the real acid test. Best to do a factory reset, first.
I have one Wiim Amp set up that I got a couple of days ago (that one went in the Kitchen). The one I received today to install for the Bathroom is the faulty one (no ethernet). I've yet to order the replacement for that one.

Sonos, well, Sonos ... there's nothing better than Sonos, right? Maybe Bose is better, yeah, Bose. Or Devialet, possibly. Who knows?
I can't tell if that's sarcasm or not (I hope so).... The Sonos worked great but I (or more accurately my wife) wants Airplay support which the old Gen 1 Sonos Amps don't have. Bose....the Lifestyle 650 that set me back £4k got ripped out a few weeks ago and is sitting in a pile on the floor. I replaced it with a Denon 3800 and KEF speaker package which sounds so much better than the Bose ever did at less than half the price.

I have one Wiim Amp set up that I got a couple of days ago (that one went in the Kitchen). The one I received today to install for the Bathroom is the faulty one (no ethernet). I've yet to order the replacement for that one.
I'm not talking about any upcoming replacement. Just take the second WiiM Amp (the one for the bathroom), do a factory reset and literally put it in place of the first WiiM Amp (the one in the kitchen). Keep all the cables just as they are. This test will tell you 100% for sure if the second unit is faulty.

And congrats a) to your sarcasm detector and b) for replacing Bose stuff. ;)

Sounds like an amazing bathroom with it's own amp and speakers. We just have a soggy smart speaker...lol

Sounds like an amazing bathroom with it's own amp and speakers. We just have a soggy smart speaker...lol
I've got the choice of music through the ceiling speakers or watching TV in the shower. I've added the latter to my list:

"Stuff I've installed but rarely use"

Well it's all backfired. After getting Amazon UK credit I go to order a replacement and they're unavailable. Richer Sounds don't have them until April so that's not much use either. Sonos has been completely decommissioned so I guess I'll just have to ask my wife to sing for me....

Thanks @Brantome. I got my Denon kit from them recently and had forgotten about them. Amazon had stock yesterday and I held off ordering until today so I could be sure to be in. I may try PT
Henlay Audio are the main (non Amazon) distributors for WiiM in the UK. This page should help you track down local sellers - even the "high end" retailer I bought my Linn gear from now stock WiiM

Henlay Audio are the main (non Amazon) distributors for WiiM in the UK. This page should help you track down local sellers - even the "high end" retailer I bought my Linn gear from now stock WiiM

Turns out there's a 'Hifisound' just near me that has them. I'll wait a few days to see if Amazon re stock as otherwise I'm stuck with a £319 gift card

Thanks @Brantome. I got my Denon kit from them recently and had forgotten about them. Amazon had stock yesterday and I held off ordering until today so I could be sure to be in. I may try PT
Amazon UK Warehouse have 1 used WiiM Amp in stock for £315.92, probably a returned one.

I would want a much lower price to even consider this.

I remember my school years in the 60s. We've learned 1 £ = 11 DM! The times they are exchanging. ;-)

Amazon UK Warehouse have 1 used WiiM Amp in stock for £315.92, probably a returned one.

I would want a much lower price to even consider this.
Why not go to the US site and get it shipped internationally if you need to? The import duties/fees will be tacked on, but these are baked into your national price as well.

Why not go to the US site and get it shipped internationally if you need to? The import duties/fees will be tacked on, but these are baked into your national price as well.
Returning it would be even more of an issue, plus as I said there are a large number of alternative reputable sellers in the UK supplied by Wiim's UK distributor Henley Audio. Plus you're supporting local vendors which is always a good thing

Back