Moving music from Room to Room (or device to device)

MorganWebb

I need to move streaming music easily. I have a colleague that is able to using his Apple device with the app.
My android isn't working the same.

Screenshot_20231213_082448_WiiM Home.jpg

In the above examply I am streaming to "Speakers - 2 Way" and want to change to another device. But the place in the app (lower left) is disabled in my android.
Apparently in the Apple version it is selectable and shows you the other devices and you can change the stream to them directly. Exactly what I need to do.

Looking for help to get the Android to function the same way. Thanks in advance.

Morgan

I need to move streaming music easily. I have a colleague that is able to using his Apple device with the app.
My android isn't working the same.

View attachment 4031

In the above examply I am streaming to "Speakers - 2 Way" and want to change to another device. But the place in the app (lower left) is disabled in my android.
Apparently in the Apple version it is selectable and shows you the other devices and you can change the stream to them directly. Exactly what I need to do.

Looking for help to get the Android to function the same way. Thanks in advance.

Morgan
I wonder if your colleague is using the wiim app to play to the wiim, or perhaps a native app and using airplay?
Your screenshot implies you chose a wiim device, then chose Qobuz from within the wiim app, then played the music, which is why the device name is greyed out.
You could now go back to devices, choose a different wiim, choose a different source, such as your nas, and play something else to that 2nd device.
And a different source again to a 3rd.
And so on.
Each device is separate, and greyed out on the now playing screen as it's just to tell you which device you are looking at - it's not a way to push what that device is playing to another device.

If you want to switch qobuz between different wiims (pros) then you could use the native qobuz app and chromecast to them. You then just change the chromecast target within the qobuz app.

Or use the bubbleupnp app to play qobuz to any wiim, including minis, via upnp, and just change the target device in bubble.
Free to try bubble, but, imo, well worth the small licence cost.

Thanks Mr Ee. And here is what I received from WiiM support regarding this issue:

Dear Morgan,

Thank you for reaching out to us, and we apologize for any inconvenience.

Please be aware that the ability to switch devices during the playback on the Now Playing page is currently supported only for local music, UPNPServer, TuneIn, Vtuner, BBC Radio, and RadioParadise. We are actively working on extending this support to other music services.

We appreciate your patience and understanding. If you have any additional questions or require assistance with any other matters, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Best Regards,
WiiM Support

So that device name will be an active link if any of the above are used for playback. Allowing the user to push the song to another device.

Back