EQ settings both WIIM App and Apple Music

WindyM600

I've set my WIIM Pro up to my Marantz Amp and I'm using Apple Music via AirPlay2 as the source. All working good.

I'd like to know what is the best way to set the EQ in that I've used and set the EQ in the WIIM App to my liking, should I leave the EQ setting in Apple Music as 'Flat' thinking it should be the Pure Direct Source or is advisable to adjust the Apple Music EQ as well?

Thanks in advance for any info.

Try them and see what you prefer, although I would have thought that only adjusting it in one place would be preferable.

I've had a play around with them, I'm curious that there may be a recommended choice, eg. Just use the WIIM App Equaliser or the Apple Music Equaliser, one adjusted, one flat lined or a mix of the two?

My stock answer to any question like this is for you to try them and decide which you like best - any “recommended choice” doesn’t take into account your entire equipment chain right thru to your speakers, your listening environment, your room acoustics, your sonic preferences, your ears and how your brain interprets all that. Sorry if that seems I’m dodging the question, but listening to music is an entirely subjective experience :)

My stock answer to any question like this is for you to try them and decide which you like best - any “recommended choice” doesn’t take into account your entire equipment chain right thru to your speakers, your listening environment, your room acoustics, your sonic preferences, your ears and how your brain interprets all that. Sorry if that seems I’m dodging the question, but listening to music is an entirely subjective experience :)
No fully understand and thanks for your time to respond.

Back