MQA Beta setting to OFF - better sound ?

This is a trick. The ears accepted high pitch at first. Then given the ears time to adapt with a low pitch noise so the transition to the first does not seem so big. This experiment says nothing.
It's not a trick. It just shows how our brain will equalize the sound to give us an expected audio impression and how short is our audio memory.

Our ears can be easily fooled by our brain. That's why I don't trust my own or other people's impressions when it comes to audible differences in sound.

For me it is fact, that my bank account is often fooled by my ears 😉

It's not a trick. It just shows how our brain will equalize the sound to give us an expected audio impression and how short is our audio memory.
No. To give you a proper analogy is that you start your stereo loud first thing in the morning and it is annoying! Then naturally you turn it down so your ears will adapt and gradually increase the volume. This is not about memory but ears given time to adapt to volume. So yes the memory is short but this experiment is not related to that. You can pin point some characteristics of the sound and do a before after comparison.

No. To give you a proper analogy is that you start your stereo loud first thing in the morning and it is annoying! Then naturally you turn it down so your ears will adapt and gradually increase the volume. This is not about memory but ears given time to adapt to volume. So yes the memory is short but this experiment is not related to that. You can pin point some characteristics of the sound and do a before after comparison.
The third part has been divided into smaller sections by purpose - to let your brain gradually reduce implemented adaptations. But you chose the third part as the best even though at the end adaptation was over. Your memory was too short to let you deduce that the third part might actually be the same as the first one.

The third part has been divided into smaller sections by purpose - to let your brain gradually reduce implemented adaptations. But you chose the third part as the best even though at the end adaptation was over. Your memory was too short to let you deduce that the third part might actually be the same as the first one.
The pieces of the of the purple sounded the same, that is why I did not comment. Don't insist on that

The pieces of the of the purple sounded the same, that is why I did not comment. Don't insist on that
I'm not trying to convince you of anything. For me these pieces sounded different and as I know it's a common impression here.
Your impressions are yours and I'm not going to insist on mine. Nor put a pressure on you to change your mind.

All these psycho-acoustics are very thin ice.
Disputes around it end to often in a bad mood. No human yet can lend his ears or brain to another, thanks heaven. And no one could judge something is "common".

Back