Up sampling with ASRC and MQA beta

steadyshot

Major Contributor
Since up sampling seems like an imminent feature based on the roadmap I would like to ask if it affects only flac files.

For instance as I understand Tidal will continue to offer mqa and in order to get hi res from mqa I need to enable the switch of mqa beta to on and select mqa renderer for wiim pro plus internal dac.

Is up sampling going to affect mqa files? How? Why is still in beta? What is expected technically for it to be in non beta?

Last edited:
Since up sampling seems like an imminent feature based on the roadmap I would like to ask if it affects only flac files.

For instance as I understand Tidal will continue to offer mqa and in order to get hi res from mqa I need to enable the switch of mqa beta to on and select mqa renderer for wiim pro plus internal dac.

Is up sampling going to affect mqa files? How? Why is still in beta? What is expected technically for it to be in non beta?
I understood that asrc was being implemented to provide a fixed sample rate output on digital outputs.
If my understanding is correct, I can't see why it'd be in the path for the internal dac.
However, I thought some had mentioned popping noises with the internal dac on sample rate changes, so maybe it'd be useful there after all?
I'd also assume that any mqa unfolding would occur before asrc was applied, but you know what they say about assumptions!

Back