Dayton IMM-6 microphone setup and measurement

Wiimer

Major Contributor
This is a reminder of the setup and measurement procedure of the Dayton Audio iMM-6 microphone used for WiiM Room Correction(RC). If RC supports IMM-6, this might be useful to someone. Please allow me to post in the request thread with the expectation of IMM-6 support.

The IMM-6 series is available in three versions.
  • IMM-6 (3.5mm TRRS out + 3.5mm out)
  • IMM-6C (USB-C out + 3.5mm out)
  • IMM-6S (3.5mm TRRS out)
The IMM-6 is used here.

These microphones can be plugged into your smartphone's headphone or USB port and ready to use. You can download the calibration file prepared for each microphone and calibrate it with the dedicated app. Calibration allows for more accurate measurements.

On my Android phone, I use the Audio Tool app to set up the IMM-6. The Audio Tool app is a measurement tool that supports IMM-6 calibration.

Audio Tool Manual

Audio Tool (Play store)
1000000180.jpg

Install the app on your phone and connect the IMM-6 to your phone. (My phone is an LG V60 ThinQ with a 3.5mm jack. )

The serial number is located on the back of the IMM-6 package.
1000000179.jpg

Enter your serial number at this URL to download the calibration file to your phone.

Downloading the Calibration File

Here select the microphone model, enter the serial number(Hyphen is also entered) and press the search button, and a download link for the calibration file will appear below it. Tap the link to download it to your phone.
1000000181.jpg

Here's a rough description of the AudioTool app.

First, in order to measure the sweep with this app, change the tool to "Peak store".
IMG_20240331_143036.jpg

Then, import the microphone calibration file into the app.

Press the green "Menu" button and select "Use 1/3 Octave Calibration" listed second from the top. If it says "Import call fire", just tap it.
IMG_20240331_144001.jpg

Tap a proofing file from the list of files on your device to import it into the app.
IMG_20240331_144237.jpg

This completes the basic setup.

• Press the "Running" button to stop the measurement.
  • Press "Store" to save the current value.
  • Press "Load", you can display the previously saved values on the graph and compare them with the current values.
  • Press "Paused" to clear the value and start measuring.

To be continue...

Last edited:
Can Audio Tool do room correction beyond measurement? Or perhaps, import the measurement to REW? IMM6 is quite cheap and I would love to try it with Wiim pro plus after the upcoming firmware of 8 peqs for android!

Can Audio Tool do room correction beyond measurement?
I just started using the IMM-6 yesterday, so I don't know the detailed specifications of the Audio Tool, but I think the only thing it can do is measure.

Or perhaps, import the measurement to REW?
I think we can probably do that. Sorry, I've never used REW.
Or I would be happy to be able to import it to the WiiM app.

IMM6 is quite cheap and I would love to try it with Wiim pro plus after the upcoming firmware of 8 peqs for android!
😊

the usb-c, recent, embeds its own adc..
this needs to be verified, but suddenly, it seems that the qualibration between micro and adc....
c is quite essential..

Hmm I just did a very quick search. If you have IMM-6, you can perhaps just use REW with your pc for room correction (if your pc has optical out, then you connect wiim pro as your pc sound card. if not, it could be a bit more tricky; or, we may be able to use ADC). Learning how to use REW seems to be difficult but this (
) helped me a lot. I will get a measurement mic and try it soon when the new android wiim firmware allows us to use 8 peqs (For the REW equalizer, it seems that we can select "Configurable PEQ" and select 8 filters for the wiim pro setting. Then, we can manually put the peq filters on wiim app.

Please take my apology if I've made things unnecessarily complicated... hope just wiim adapts dayton mics as their official android mic.

the usb-c, recent, embeds its own adc..
this needs to be verified, but suddenly, it seems that the qualibration between micro and adc....
c is quite essential..
Yes. And given that a lot of modern phones don't have a 3.5mm jack, I think it's reasonable to consider the IMM-6C. I might buy the IMM-6C if the WiiM supports this. But almost twice as expensive...

Yes. And given that a lot of modern phones don't have a 3.5mm jack, I think it's reasonable to consider the IMM-6C. I might buy the IMM-6C if the WiiM supports this. But almost twice as expensive...
it's not just a matter of "socket"...
removes, modestly, the uncertainty and the impact of the gain stage and ADC of the phone...
but in all solution need taking charge of the qualibration available
(and to properly do the separate processing of left and right... in peq or rc )

Last edited:
it's not just a matter of "socket"...
removes, modestly, the uncertainty and the impact of the gain stage and ADC of the phone...
but in all solution need taking charge of the qualibration available
(and to properly do the separate processing of left and right... in peq or rc )
Sure, I think I understand that.
And as you said, verification is required.

Hello,
I would like to buy a Daytone imm-6c microphone. But there are no current offers in Germany. Are there any alternatives . Usb-c connection preferred.
Many thanks in advance

Hello,
I would like to buy a Daytone imm-6c microphone. But there are no current offers in Germany. Are there any alternatives . Usb-c connection preferred.
Many thanks in advance

become a big supplier in Europe...I imagine that Germany supplies...

a
Will wiim use this microphone for measurements according RC?
we have had no feedback on these subjects since it was pointed out....
remains on paper the most elegant solution...
otherwise there is the micro alternative of the remote control...

does wiim rc beta support qualibrations..will be one of the big topics...
Probably not yet.

Android's 8-band PEQ will be implemented soon, so for the time being, I will be using the AudioTool app to measure and set up PEQ. It seems that it is possible to automatically create correction values using generative AI.

there is a very good free android software.. even "simple" in appearance it is very relevant and powerful even if just for very very targeted use. ...
but for the moment does not support qualibration..
too bad...(even if as it is...the before and after will be very relevant..)

spectroid

Hello,
Many thanks in advance
We do not have an Amazon account, but Amazon Germany show it as in stock.

Back