Multiroom setup: latency adjustment

Pixario

I posted the following on amazon.com;​

"How will the latency adjustment (microphone on the unit) perform when having a multiroom setup with 7 wiim pros connected to two receivers in a rack?"​

I then recieved the reply from WiiM below;

"The latency measurement is performed to measure the connected audio devices of the specific Pro. You can measure the 7 devices one by one. I don't quite understand how you connect 7 WiiM Pros to two receivers. Can you please send us a feedback from the App and let us know the exact system setup so we can provide more appropriate solution for you?"​

To answer the question and hopefully get a response from @WiiM Team ;

I will make use of two Dayton Audio MA1260 receivers that each supports 6 separate zones. Both receivers will be located in the same storage room. From there I have speaker cables connected to speakers throughout my house.
My plan is then to connect one wiim pro to each zone (starting with 7 WiiM pros to 7 different zones). I hope I should be able to cast to my kitchen, office, bedroom or any other wiim connected zone using Google Home (Chromecast Audio) via e.g. Google Nest minis or Google nest hubs.

My concern in regards to latency measurements is that the wiim pros will all be in the same room (storage room) and won't be able to pick up the output sound since that will be in another room, for example kitchens or bathroom.

Does that answer your question? And perhaps more importantly, is my plan even doable or am I making things more complex than needed?

I posted the following on amazon.com;​

"How will the latency adjustment (microphone on the unit) perform when having a multiroom setup with 7 wiim pros connected to two receivers in a rack?"​

I then recieved the reply from WiiM below;

"The latency measurement is performed to measure the connected audio devices of the specific Pro. You can measure the 7 devices one by one. I don't quite understand how you connect 7 WiiM Pros to two receivers. Can you please send us a feedback from the App and let us know the exact system setup so we can provide more appropriate solution for you?"​

To answer the question and hopefully get a response from @WiiM Team ;

I will make use of two Dayton Audio MA1260 receivers that each supports 6 separate zones. Both receivers will be located in the same storage room. From there I have speaker cables connected to speakers throughout my house.
My plan is then to connect one wiim pro to each zone (starting with 7 WiiM pros to 7 different zones). I hope I should be able to cast to my kitchen, office, bedroom or any other wiim connected zone using Google Home (Chromecast Audio) via e.g. Google Nest minis or Google nest hubs.

My concern in regards to latency measurements is that the wiim pros will all be in the same room (storage room) and won't be able to pick up the output sound since that will be in another room, for example kitchens or bathroom.

Does that answer your question? And perhaps more importantly, is my plan even doable or am I making things more complex than needed?
Hi Pixario,

If you want to use the automatic measurement of the audio path latency, you have to keep your amplifier+ speaker close to the WiiM Pro ( within 3 feet). In your case, I would suggest you try the manual adjustment of the audio latency if you can't move the devices close to the WiiM Pro.

I have just come across this post. Leaving aside the latency adjustment I don't think it wll be possible to control the 7 devices very easily as the WiiM Home App will show them all on every phone etc it is installed on. While that may not be a problem in your proposed use case it would be to me as I would want a separate control in each room and have that only show the relevant device.

I have just come across this post. Leaving aside the latency adjustment I don't think it wll be possible to control the 7 devices very easily as the WiiM Home App will show them all on every phone etc it is installed on. While that may not be a problem in your proposed use case it would be to me as I would want a separate control in each room and have that only show the relevant device.
Hi d6jg,

Thank you for getting back to me. For your use case, if we provide the option letting you hide the irrelevant devices (or fold these devices into smaller area), will it work for you? Or any better idea?

If implemented, I would have thought a solution similar to the way music services can be managed would be appropriate / consistent.

Hi d6jg,

Thank you for getting back to me. For your use case, if we provide the option letting you hide the irrelevant devices (or fold these devices into smaller area), will it work for you? Or any better idea?
I actually don't have such a use case involving multiple WiiM devices. I was saying that IF I did then I'd want the control to be independent per room which is what I can achieve fairly easily with LMS. If/when you implement Squeezelite on the WiiM then while I would set everything up with the WiiM Home App I would control via LMS.

I was posting to alert the OP to the fact that if his scenario included Guest rooms with independent choice then the WiiM app may not be suitable.

Back