Tidle connect and multiroom

avielwiim

I have a wiim pro connected to powered speakers. I want to add more speakers around the house for multiroom experience.
1. Will tidel connect work with multiroom?
2. Do i need specific speakers for the multiroom with the equipment That i have already?
I do not use airplay or Spotify at all.

Hi, this question came up on the WiiM Fan Page on Facebook and I asked the OP to post the question here as I’m sure some of you have experience of integrating other Linkplay compatible speakers with your WiiM devices, notwithstanding the use of grouped Airplay 2 compatible speakers.

I was unsure if anyone had used Tidal Connect to their WiiM device and then distributed that over a group, so thought it best to get it answered here.

So fire away all you helpful users ;)

Creating a wiim group with any combination of my wiims and tidal connecting to the master works fine for me.
Not read the FB post - the implication from what Brantome wrote above is that there's other, non-wiim equipment at play, which is not mentioned in the original post here apart from a reference to "the equipment That i have already".

So, maybe only slightly helpful.

Creating a wiim group with any combination of my wiims and tidal connecting to the master works fine for me.
Not read the FB post - the implication from what Brantome wrote above is that there's other, non-wiim equipment at play, which is not mentioned in the original post here apart from a reference to "the equipment That i have already".

There isn't any other equipment yet. I want to buy more for multi room that will work with tidel. If I buy echo for example,will it work multi room with tidel?

There isn't any other equipment yet. I want to buy more for multi room that will work with tidel. If I buy echo for example,will it work multi room with tidel?
I don't know anything about Echos!
I'd probably keep on doing what you've already done - a wiim of some sort, possibly even a mini, connected to powered speakers that have digital (optical if using a mini) input.

I can create a wiim group of a pro and a mini, tidal connect to the pro, and the mini plays too.

The original post was about “other wifi speakers” and I responded that they’d need to be airplay 2 or Linkplay group compliant like I think Edifiers or such.

Tidal support for echo speakers is only available in the USA and I’m not sure that it even supports CD quality. Plus if you had an Alexa multi room music group with echos and WiiM devices, I don’t expect you would be able to use Tidal Connect.

Back