Plugging powered speakers problems

Malkie

Is it possible to connect into line output for powered speakers as well as coax out to amplifier?
I would like to simply be able to choose output for different uses. When I do this, I can't seem to make it work.....like it's conflicting or something. I don't want to use at the same time just want to use powered for tv and the WiiM as a preamp for my main music but have the choice.
Am I doing something wrong?
Thanks

Is it possible to connect into line output for powered speakers as well as coax out to amplifier?
I would like to simply be able to choose output for different uses. When I do this, I can't seem to make it work.....like it's conflicting or something. I don't want to use at the same time just want to use powered for tv and the WiiM as a preamp for my main music but have the choice.
Am I doing something wrong?
Thanks
What do you mean by can't make it work?
Yes, you should be able to connect all the wiim outputs to different things, and choose which output is active within the wiim app.

What do you mean by can't make it work?
Yes, you should be able to connect all the wiim outputs to different things, and choose which output is active within the wiim app.
When I choose the line out output it cuts off. I'm not understanding something.
It must be something else

When I choose the line out output it cuts off. I'm not understanding something.
It must be something else
When I plug into the line out it will cut off my coax out. If I unplug the line out it comes back even if I choose the proper output ....so I don't understand

When I plug into the line out it will cut off my coax out. If I unplug the line out it comes back even if I choose the proper output ....so I don't understand
Do you want to output coaxial and line at the same time? Unfortunately, you can't.

Do you want to output coaxial and line at the same time? Unfortunately, you can't.
No, "... I don't want to use at the same time..."

Unfortunately, I can't quite grasp what @Malkie is trying to tell us!
All I can think of right now is that maybe they're using the line IN ports instead of line OUT?

Sorry everyone it's kind of herd to explain. I'll try better.
ok....i want to use my coax out into my amplifier that has an internal DAC. That's what I use for music.
I would like to hook up my powered speakers to the line out for TV purpose. I will NOT be using at the same time but individually only.
I thought I could simply switch the output accordingly. However when I try to change back to the coax it won't go back. I gave to unplug the line out of the the powered speakers then it comes back on.
in other words I can't simply switch outputs like I thought I could. I hope you understand because I don't either

I would also add that when I plug the powered speakers to the line out, the coax will NOT operate even if chosen as the output. I'll pull the RCA's out and it will come back. Very strange

I have noticed when using the Coax output to my amp when RCA's are plugged into the line out input there are dropouts then it stops all together! When I unplug the RCA's everything is fine! Seems an issue with the Pro! So I guess I'll only plug in when I want to output to my powered speakers. I cannot keep them plugged in even though I don't choose the line out output! Very annoying!

I have noticed when using the Coax output to my amp when RCA's are plugged into the line out input there are dropouts then it stops all together! When I unplug the RCA's everything is fine! Seems an issue with the Pro! So I guess I'll only plug in when I want to output to my powered speakers. I cannot keep them plugged in even though I don't choose the line out output! Very annoying!
I can only suggest that you replicate the issue then send feedback to wiim via the app.
Hopefully they can find something in the logs.

Back