Audio out- Airplay and coxial/optical

mexicanking

I have my wiim connected to my hifi system, recently got a couple of sonos One SL. I would like to run them in multiroom. Easiest option is Airplay 2 but unfortunately I am an android user. I am trying to find a way to get them working in multiroom. If wiim could audio out to coxial/optical and cast it via Airplay 2 simultaneously that would have solved the problem. Is this technically possible, if so I could wait for a future update. Love wiim don't want to go down the route of Sonos port to get multiroom working. Any suggestions?

I have my wiim connected to my hifi system, recently got a couple of sonos One SL. I would like to run them in multiroom. Easiest option is Airplay 2 but unfortunately I am an android user. I am trying to find a way to get them working in multiroom. If wiim could audio out to coxial/optical and cast it via Airplay 2 simultaneously that would have solved the problem. Is this technically possible, if so I could wait for a future update. Love wiim don't want to go down the route of Sonos port to get multiroom working. Any suggestions?
Airplay casting from a WiiM Pro/ Plus/ Amp is available from the WiiM Home app on both Android and iOS. However, WiiM devices can’t output over coax and airplay simultaneously.

If wiim could audio out to coxial/optical and cast it via Airplay 2 simultaneously that would have solved the problem. Is this technically possible, if so I could wait for a future update. Love wiim don't want to go down the route of Sonos port to get multiroom working. Any suggestions?
It would hardly have solved the multi-room problem. Airplay has a 2 second latency. Coax/optical is essentially instantaneous. If the two were audible at the same time the effect would be horrendous. You simply aren't going to get multi-room sync between two wholly dissimilar approaches.

Back