Switch from AirPlay 2 to AirPlay 1

Yuzgh001

I am able to stream ALAC over AirPlay 1 from an iPhone but only AAC over AirPlay 2.
Would it be possible to have a parameter in WiiM to let me choose if I want AirPlay 1 or 2?
I would use AirPlay 2 if I want MultiRoom, but use AirPlay 1 if I choose to have uncompressed ALAC.

Thanks for the consideration.

This would resolve basically all of my headache regarding streaming! It will provide lossless streaming without buying all and everything new.
I hope this gets the attention

This would resolve basically all of my headache regarding streaming! It will provide lossless streaming without buying all and everything new.
I hope this gets the attention
Airplay 1 is still limited to 16/44.1

If it is somehow possible for Wiim to operate at AirPlay 1 so we have lossless while streaming Apple Music from iOS to Wiim , what device will do the down conversion to 16/44 when playing 24bit /44/48? iOS device or Wiim ?

If it is somehow possible for Wiim to operate at AirPlay 1 so we have lossless while streaming Apple Music from iOS to Wiim , what device will do the down conversion to 16/44 when playing 24bit /44/48? iOS device or Wiim ?
Won’t the iOS device request 16/44.1 from wherever the source is coming from? If that is a hi res file locally on the iOS device I guess it would do the downsampling.

Another vote for this feature - I would pick up a couple more WiiM’s if I could do lossless AirPlay streaming!

First post in the forum just to say that I would love this feature! I know Airplay 2 has less lag, but it seems a lot of us would gladly use Airplay 1 for the CD quality even with the ~2s buffer.

I think that there is a fair chance that the licensing from Apple will forbid such a feature even if it is technically possible. AirPlay2 is clearly a step forward as far as Apple are concerned even though it’s not.

That would be a great option! WiiM Amp can already handle lossless Airplay 1. But only if the client chooses to. Like Plexamp does for example.

AirPlay 2 is baked into the Linkplay module that WiiM uses. Zero chance that it will be regressed.

Reading this my irritation even grows.
Streaming from ipad to the Pro via Airplay. I thought it is Airplay 2 with the WiiM.
My dac shows 24/44,1 for some tracks and 16/44,1 for others on this album. Always as lossless ALAC.
Now I have read much that this could only be possible with Airplay 1 and for Airplay 2 it is AAC.
Who is wrong? Or lies?

Edit. Just cross checked with the WiiM app, could be done better before ;-) It says 256kbps which may be tells the sad truth.

IMG_2553.jpeg

Last edited:
Reading this my irritation even grows.
Streaming from ipad to the Pro via Airplay. I thought it is Airplay 2 with the WiiM.
My dac shows 24/44,1 for some tracks and 16/44,1 for others on this album. Always as lossless ALAC.
Now I have read much that this could only be possible with Airplay 1 and for Airplay 2 it is AAC.
Who is wrong? Or lies?

Edit. Just cross checked with the WiiM app, could be done better before ;-) It says 256kbps which may be tells the sad truth.

View attachment 5536
And what does your WiiM Home app now playing screen show? 256 kbps or 900 kbps?

Back