+Speakers for Wiim

Pauser

I have been trying to find any reference to what wifi speakers could be used with the WIIm streaming. Just simple wifi speakers that can receive the Wiim stream and convert to audio. My first objective is to create a multiroom configuration for paging. Later music. No airplay or BT please. Any suggestions would be apricated. I will be receiving the wake up light today but not sure how good the audio will be.
Thanks

I have been trying to find any reference to what wifi speakers could be used with the WIIm streaming. Just simple wifi speakers that can receive the Wiim stream and convert to audio. My first objective is to create a multiroom configuration for paging. Later music. No airplay or BT please. Any suggestions would be apricated. I will be receiving the wake up light today but not sure how good the audio will be.
Thanks
I'm pretty sure the only completely wireless outputs are airplay and BT.
Have you considered active speakers, each set with a wiim (could just be a mini) attached?

This Edifier WiFi speaker uses Linkplay modules, will work fine with the WiiM App, where is shows up as just another WiiM device. A bit boomy, but OK for a bedroom speaker. Appears to resample everything to 16/48. Pretty nice lookin' I grabbed one when it went on sale for $89 - don't pay full retail, wait for a sale.

I did get the Wiim light today and it pretty much is performing the way I preferred. Still fine tuning. Works with Alexa and at the same time will receive the stream from the Wiim pro. My only wish would be that Wiim comes out with a speaker not unlike Amazon speakers and perform like the Wiim light. I did look at using the Wiim mini connected to a computer sound bar. Still may do that in some locations.
Thanks

This Edifier WiFi speaker uses Linkplay modules, will work fine with the WiiM App, where is shows up as just another WiiM device. A bit boomy, but OK for a bedroom speaker. Appears to resample everything to 16/48. Pretty nice lookin' I grabbed one when it went on sale for $89 - don't pay full retail, wait for a sale.

You wrote "wiim amp" in your reply. Will it work with wiim pro also ? I'm trying to make my home multi room. Maybe I can buy a few

MS50A​

And save the money on the wiim products?

You wrote "wiim amp" in your reply. Will it work with wiim pro also ? I'm trying to make my home multi room. Maybe I can buy a few

MS50A​

The amp is a powered device that drives passive speakers, if you have a mini, pro or pro+ it is a line device and will require either an external amplifier, or powered speakers.

MS50A​

WiiM App, not Amp. It will show up in the app, and can be grouped like any WiiM device. No EQ or several other WiiM features, but otherwise will work fine. Just don’t expect it to perform like a pro monitor…

Back