New network

Hollywood

Major Contributor
Hi,

I installed a new router and am having some issues with the new network. While I chase down the issues, I have 3 questions. I use a Logitech Media Server. I thought there was a setting to enable Squeezebox (squeezelite?)? I no longer seeing that setting, am I missing it or is it just the default and never had a setting?

Second, of my 7 WiiM Pros, three say they are Chromecast, and the other 4 are available to enable. I really don't know what Chromecast is (and I really don't need to know as long as I know if should or shouldn't be enabled). Should it be? Looking at the WiiM settings I see where I can enable Chromecast on the 4, but not how to UNenable the 3 that are set.

Third, On the "Device" tab screen, 2 of the 7 devices have a little box with an arrow that looks like a "play" icon right after the device name. What does that icon represent?

Thanks!

Hi,

I installed a new router and am having some issues with the new network. While I chase down the issues, I have 3 questions. I use a Logitech Media Server. I thought there was a setting to enable Squeezebox (squeezelite?)? I no longer seeing that setting, am I missing it or is it just the default and never had a setting?

Second, of my 7 WiiM Pros, three say they are Chromecast, and the other 4 are available to enable. I really don't know what Chromecast is (and I really don't need to know as long as I know if should or shouldn't be enabled). Should it be? Looking at the WiiM settings I see where I can enable Chromecast on the 4, but not how to UNenable the 3 that are set.

Third, On the "Device" tab screen, 2 of the 7 devices have a little box with an arrow that looks like a "play" icon right after the device name. What does that icon represent?

Thanks!
Answer the second and third questions.

The only way to disable Chromecast is to reset your device. So there is no problem if you leave it alone.

Its arrow icon indicates that there is a new update. 😊

Answer the second and third questions.

The only way to disable Chromecast is to reset your device. So there is no problem if you leave it alone.

Its arrow icon indicates that there is a new update. 😊
Thank you!

I think the box icon with the play symbol indicates a remote is paired to the unit. An update is signified by a green upward pointing arrow with a line at its base.

And re Squeezelite there’s never been a setting, it’s just an inbuilt function of WiiM devices, the Mini apart.

Last edited:
I think the box icon with the play symbol indicates a remote is paired to the unit. An update is signified by a green upward pointing arrow with a line at its base.

And re Squeezelite there’s never been a setting, it’s just an inbuilt function of WiiM devices the Mini apart.
thanks. I wouldn't have guessed that about the remote. I'm getting some glitchy behavior. When I switched the WiiMs to the new network, some I reset and some I just let it search for the new SSID. At this point I am not asking for help (other then to answer the 3 questions) as I am early in the process. Hopefully I will check all of the network and LMS server settings and resolve the erratic playback.

And re Squeezelite there’s never been a setting, it’s just an inbuilt function of WiiM devices, the Mini apart.
Yes, I'm wrong.😂

Back