Loving Analog cast to AirPlay - any chance Chromecast will come in future?

DevonRob

Gotta say - I am loving that the WiiM Pro+ has let me cast the analog input to remote AirPlay speakers so easily. I had my doubts, but it worked straight out of the box. Given this box includes a decent DAC also, it's a winner at the price.

My 1 request - what's the chance that Chromecast speakers on a network could also be supported? I have 2 speakers that are AirPlay 2 compatible - but 2 of my older wireless speakers are chromecast or dlna only. One of them is a fairly decent Onkyo which it'd be a shame to have to replace.

Cheers guys for all the hard work on this handy little device.

I have a vague recollection that WiiM might have said they were considering upnp casting but can’t find a reference.

Although it requires another purchase or two, maybe a WiiM Mini for each of the non airplay devices would provide a solution too.

I have a vague recollection that WiiM might have said they were considering upnp casting but can’t find a reference.

Although it requires another purchase or two, maybe a WiiM Mini for each of the non airplay devices would provide a solution too.
Thx. Yeah - kind of hoping to avoid an extra WiiM Mini. Short of power sockets where the other speakers are and it's another device to power and keep running. Be great if WiiM do add extra remote speaker casting protocols in time.

Gotta say - I am loving that the WiiM Pro+ has let me cast the analog input to remote AirPlay speakers so easily. I had my doubts, but it worked straight out of the box. Given this box includes a decent DAC also, it's a winner at the price.

My 1 request - what's the chance that Chromecast speakers on a network could also be supported? I have 2 speakers that are AirPlay 2 compatible - but 2 of my older wireless speakers are chromecast or dlna only. One of them is a fairly decent Onkyo which it'd be a shame to have to replace.

Hi.
Is Onkyo's speaker G3 (VC-GX30)?
In that case, can I put my WiiM and Onkyo speakers in a group on Google home for multi-room playback?
(I'm not familiar with it, so I might be wrong. 😅)

Hi.
Is Onkyo's speaker G3 (VC-GX30)?
In that case, can I put my WiiM and Onkyo speakers in a group on Google home for multi-room playback?
(I'm not familiar with it, so I might be wrong. 😅)

No - it's an old NCP-302. Has Chromecast and other protocols, but no AirPlay. My specific need is analog input cast to remote speakers - which is AirPlay (or WiiM Mini) for the remote receivers/speakers at present on the WiiM Pro.

Hi DevonRob,

We're developing a feature to cast analog input to remote DLNA rendering devices, targeting a late January release. Stay tuned for further updates!

Hi DevonRob,

We're developing a feature to cast analog input to remote DLNA rendering devices, targeting a late January release. Stay tuned for further updates!
Great news - thanks. Already loving this little beast - additions like this will just make it better still.

Back