no connection possible / forbidden access

poging2

Hi all,

I am having problems streaming local content to the recently purchased Wiim mini over Airplay. Basically, I am unable to stream any local content to the mini over wifi outside the app.
My osx devices give me ‘no connection possible with the Wiim mini / cannot be selected for audio output’. Airfoil doesn’t work either: 'remote speaker Wiim mini has forbidden access'. When I install the app on an M1, it sees the local itunes library but it skips over my (own ripped) songs.

I have already tried updating and resetting, as well as toggling IPv6 on and off, but nothing works. I also made a ticket but haven’t made it past autoreply. Does anyone have any suggestions or tips on how to solve this problem? Otherwise I am going to have to send the mini back (and I would rather not have to do that).

Hi all,

I am having problems streaming local content to the recently purchased Wiim mini over Airplay. Basically, I am unable to stream any local content to the mini over wifi outside the app.
My osx devices give me ‘no connection possible with the Wiim mini / cannot be selected for audio output’. Airfoil doesn’t work either: 'remote speaker Wiim mini has forbidden access'. When I install the app on an M1, it sees the local itunes library but it skips over my (own ripped) songs.

I have already tried updating and resetting, as well as toggling IPv6 on and off, but nothing works. I also made a ticket but haven’t made it past autoreply. Does anyone have any suggestions or tips on how to solve this problem? Otherwise I am going to have to send the mini back (and I would rather not have to do that).
I have a vague recollection of perhaps a similar issue where it was to do with permissions within the Apple home app - let me see if I can find it via search.

Thanks. I thought I wasn't using the home app, but I see an older Sonos speaker that I added a long time ago (which works, streaming and all). Home sees the mini, but I get the same type of error as I get on OSX: no connection possible. So I cannot connect the mini to begin with.

EDIT: so I set up the sonos so I could access the home settings, but the password was already turned off.

Last edited:
EDIT: so I set up the sonos so I could access the home settings, but the password was already turned off.
Have you tried the three options above that? I have mine set to “anyone in this network”.

That’s about my limit of experience with the Home app - hopefully a more experienced apple user can pitch in and make other suggestions.

Hopefully WiiM will pick up your ticket and respond further.

yeah I tried that too: access for anyone. My ticket number was #11909, but this just told me to send feedback via the app. That yielded #12174. Anyway, thanks for your help. I may try to set up a new network tonight with an old router to rule out my current one; it's not a hardware issue with the mini but some permission thingy somewhere.

yeah I tried that too: access for anyone. My ticket number was #11909, but this just told me to send feedback via the app. That yielded #12174. Anyway, thanks for your help. I may try to set up a new network tonight with an old router to rule out my current one; it's not a hardware issue with the mini but some permission thingy somewhere.
Hi Poging2,

Thank you for your feedback. We'll follow up with you via the ticket. Please stay tuned!

Back