Not seeing server after periods of inactivity

90c4

For the last few weeks at least I'm unable to see my Plex server in the mornings whereas it played fine before I went to bed. Force closing the app doesn't immediately fix it but eventually it comes back. I am able to continue playing where I left off the previous night and can skip through my queue but it takes awhile to see the server again. Using android. Anyone else with an android phone having this issue?

For the last few weeks at least I'm unable to see my Plex server in the mornings whereas it played fine before I went to bed. Force closing the app doesn't immediately fix it but eventually it comes back.
Could it be that the server goes into a sleep mode?
How long is "but eventually it comes back"?

In the morning I'd try connecting with BubbleUPnP followed by the WiiM app. If BubbleUPnP connects and WiiM fails then it could be app related, but if neither connect then it's likely network related.

Could it be that the server goes into a sleep mode?
How long is "but eventually it comes back"?

In the morning I'd try connecting with BubbleUPnP followed by the WiiM app. If BubbleUPnP connects and WiiM fails then it could be app related, but if neither connect then it's likely network related.
I'm not sure - my server is set to never sleep and it hasn't been a problem until recently. My other streamer - a Cambridge CXN - sees it no problem. It usually comes back within 10 or 15 minutes after restarting the app a few times

I'm not sure - my server is set to never sleep and it hasn't been a problem until recently. My other streamer - a Cambridge CXN - sees it no problem.
Do you mean the Cambridge Audio app on your phone or the CXN itself?

It usually comes back within 10 or 15 minutes after restarting the app a few times
And this doesn't happen at any other time?

Just because I know nothing about the CXN it would still be worthwhile trying BubbleUPnP first followed by the WiiM app.

The only network related setting that can affect discovery is IGMP proxying, but if everything else is working as it should then it's likely not this.

Do you mean the Cambridge Audio app on your phone or the CXN itself?

And this doesn't happen at any other time?

Just because I know nothing about the CXN it would still be worthwhile trying BubbleUPnP first followed by the WiiM app.

The only network related setting that can affect discovery is IGMP proxying, but if everything else is working as it should then it's likely not this.
On the CA app I'm able to see my server.. I'll need to test again when this happens to see if it's simply cached or if I'm able to play music immediately with the CXN via the CA software. In fact I think I'll check that first in the mornings and then check the WiiM to see if I have awoken the server with the CA and caused it to be visible. I don't know anything about BubbleUPnP but I'll try to look into that soon. I only notice an issue after long periods of inactivity. I had a similar problem for a long time where the app froze after periods of inactivity, but WiiM fixed that one awhile ago. Things were working well until recently, so I was wondering if a recent update broke something

I only notice an issue after long periods of inactivity.
Every time you open the app and navigate to Home Media Share it'll perform a device discovery (assuming it's not running in the background) so a period of inactivity shouldn't make any difference.

I don't know anything about BubbleUPnP but I'll try to look into that soon.
BubbleUPnP is the best UPnP control point available - although I find the default layout a little busy and confusing - so if it doesn't discover Plex then you know there's something else going on.

For the last few weeks at least I'm unable to see my Plex server in the mornings whereas it played fine before I went to bed. Force closing the app doesn't immediately fix it but eventually it comes back. I am able to continue playing where I left off the previous night and can skip through my queue but it takes awhile to see the server again. Using android. Anyone else with an android phone having this issue?
I have seen somewhat similar behaviour with the Wiim Amp, with a 128 GB stick in its USB input, using the App on Android – but not on IOS. Specifically, when I power up the Amp, the Android app does not show the USB input – but the IOS app does. After 10 or 15 minutes, the USB input shows up in the Android app. Once it appears, content on the USB stick plays normally on Android app. The USB input can also spontaneously disappear from the Android app – though never from IOS. This behaviour with the Android app started with the FW update in early January – i.e. the update where the format of Home Music Share and USB input were changed.

This may be unrelated, but I have also noticed more discovery issues between LMS (on a Win 10 laptop) and both the Wiim Pro and the Wiim Amp recently – most commonly if I start/restart the LMS server when the Wiim is already on – I get “no player” in LMS until a reboot of the Wiim unit makes it appear again in LMS.

Hello, please download the beta app(https://dln.bz/a/muzohome/2.8.1.20240123.1821) to solve the no-seeing server issue.

Hello, please download the beta app(https://dln.bz/a/muzohome/2.8.1.20240123.1821) to solve the no-seeing server issue.
I don't have a Plex instance to test with but I installed Jellyfin on Volumio last week and the WiiM app never discovered it, but the beta does!
For some reason it still doesn't discover servers that have been proxied by BubbleUPnP Server (or I think the server contained in the BubbleUPnP app), or at least it does if I'm in Home Music Share when I create them, but not at any other point.

Back