Open Network Stream

Is it possible to add a saved (and named) network stream to a preset? If so I haven't figured it how.

Is it possible to add a saved (and named) network stream to a preset? If so I haven't figured it how.
Yeah, start it playing then use the overflow (…) menu to assign it to a preset. However, there’s a bug just now that you can’t then select that preset. Submit a feature request/ ticket for WiiM to resolve that

Yeah, start it playing then use the overflow (…) menu to assign it to a preset. However, there’s a bug just now that you can’t then select that preset. Submit a feature request/ ticket for WiiM to resolve that
Thanks Brantome for your report. The bug just got fixed and it'll be released within the next few days. Please stay tuned!

Thanks Brantome for your report. The bug just got fixed and it'll be released within the next few days. Please stay tuned!
Hi, just received the latest firmware and while preset selection is noted as being fixed for Tunein and VTuner, it still isn’t for Open Network Stream presets. Is that coming too soon?

Hi, just received the latest firmware and while preset selection is noted as being fixed for Tunein and VTuner, it still isn’t for Open Network Stream presets. Is that coming too soon?
Just adding that one can't assign a preset to a network stream using the hamburger/ellipsis link (from either the "Open Network Stream" or the device's Now Playing screen), at least not with the most recent Android app and Pro firmware updates. It's not on the WiiM roadmap, although they've got an upcoming feature for Favorites that would seem it may overlap or replace the preset button method.

@WiiM Team, given the nice API WiiM provides, it would be cool to expand it such that one could programmatically add a stream to Favorites or Presets through an API call, assuming that could be reflected in the WiiM app automatically. I'm going to set up a local network webpage with favorite Internet streams that will enable one-click playing of our favorite high-quality Internet content providers on any device in the house (and maybe a multiroom set, if I can figure that out).

Last edited:
Press the three dot next to stream link and click edit,there you can put name for radio.
I have a WiiM mini with the lastest firmware, I try the way you said but when I touch the edit button in the pop up window it's closed automatically and cannot rename it...
Am I missing something?

Required minimum possible:
- Add/assign radio station to Preset content
- Delete

For developers:
In principle, you start using it yourself and then you will already understand what is needed.
Use at least for example a couple of days or a week.

Required minimum possible:
- Add/assign radio station to Preset content
- Delete

The ability to name a network stream, add it to a preset and delete that preset already exists in the app.

Edit: although there may be a bug in that you can’t select a saved network stream preste and have it play, which rather defeats the point…

Last edited:
The ability to name a network stream, add it to a preset and delete that preset already exists in the app.

Ecit: although there may be a bug in that you can’t select a saved network stream preste and have it play, which rather defeats the point…
Thanks. I found where can delete. I'm happy.
But, please teach me how to add it to Presset Content

Just checked and while that option appears in the iPad app, it doesn’t on my android phone. I’ll bug report it.
Yes, Android. In the playback window, the renamed title is also not available.

I can't make presets work at all.
I have entered the URLs for a couple of internet radio FLAC streams, those stations do play, and they can be assigned to Presets 1 and 2, however when trying to recall them using Presets 1 and 2 in either the WiiM Home app, or using the BT remote, nothing happens and the now playing screen just says "no music playing".
This also kills the coax carrier signal, my external DAC will eventually go to sleep as it detects nothing after the pressing of the Presets.

Related: there is no way to make Radio Paradise be a Preset using with the iOS or Android WiiM home app, that option doesn't appear in the drop down when using the 3-dot icon in the now playing screen.

For my use case of internet radio streams including Radio Paradise, Presets seem entirely broken/non-functioning, which also defeats the purpose of the BT remote (for me personally).

Back