Open Network Stream

I can't make presets work at all.
I have entered the URLs for a couple of internet radio FLAC streams, those stations do play, and they can be assigned to Presets 1 and 2, however when trying to recall them using Presets 1 and 2 in either the WiiM Home app, or using the BT remote, nothing happens and the now playing screen just says "no music playing".
This also kills the coax carrier signal, my external DAC will eventually go to sleep as it detects nothing after the pressing of the Presets.

Related: there is no way to make Radio Paradise be a Preset using with the iOS or Android WiiM home app, that option doesn't appear in the drop down when using the 3-dot icon in the now playing screen.

For my use case of internet radio streams including Radio Paradise, Presets seem entirely broken/non-functioning, which also defeats the purpose of the BT remote (for me personally).
Again, I submitted a ticket for this. Maybe you should too - the more who do, hopefully the better chance it’ll be fixed.

Again, I submitted a ticket for this. Maybe you should too - the more who do, hopefully the better chance it’ll be fixed.
I had seen your post from Nov. 20th and hoped this problem would have been fixed by now, and that perhaps I was doing something wrong. That said, I just submitted a ticket on this issue as you suggested.

Hi folks,

in the Open Network Stream folder I have many entries. It seems that the list is locally stored in the App on a device and not in the Wiim streamer. How can I easily (without typing) transfer the list of (very complicated) URLs to another device (or into the streamer itself)?

Thanks for your ideas.

Unfortunately not at this point in time. Send a feature req to WiiM.

You may be able to use a playlist of URLs on a upnp server like MinimServer (I think you need a licence for Minimstreamer iirc) and play from that.

Hi folks,

in the Open Network Stream folder I have many entries. It seems that the list is locally stored in the App on a device and not in the Wiim streamer. How can I easily (without typing) transfer the list of (very complicated) URLs to another device (or into the streamer itself)?

Thanks for your ideas.
Hello Planetti,

Given that the URLs are stored within the App, there's no need to re-enter them for each of your devices. I'll be discussing this with our product team to improve the App's user interface, making it simpler for you to utilize these URLs across your various devices. Keep an eye out for updates!

Hello Planetti,

Given that the URLs are stored within the App, there's no need to re-enter them for each of your devices. I'll be discussing this with our product team to improve the App's user interface, making it simpler for you to utilize these URLs across your various devices. Keep an eye out for updates!
I'm sorry, but that reply makes no sense.
Is there confusion about the word 'device'?
I'm positive Planetti means the phone / tablet the app is installed on, but it seems wiim mean each wiim device.

I'm sorry, but that reply makes no sense.
Is there confusion about the word 'device'?
I'm positive Planetti means the phone / tablet the app is installed on, but it seems wiim mean each wiim device.
Yes, indeed, I mean the transfer from e.g. phone to tablet.

With me, the list comprises many high res radio stations. Perhaps we find a solution to easily import/export these URLs (with a short description/documentation) via the App and share them with the community. This option will get very important when the WiiM team stops maintainance of music services at the EoL (End of life) of our beloved WiiM pros and minis.

Yes, indeed, I mean the transfer from e.g. phone to tablet.

With me, the list comprises many high res radio stations. Perhaps we find a solution to easily import/export these URLs (with a short description/documentation) via the App and share them with the community. This option will get very important when the WiiM team stops maintainance of music services at the EoL (End of life) of our beloved WiiM pros and minis.
Hi Planetti, Mr. Ee

Thank you for your clarifications.

I believe it's a great idea to establish WiiM Radio channels, where user-contributed radio stations can be shared with the wider community. I'll initiate a conversation with our team regarding this concept.

Additionally, to enable seamless sharing across a user's multiple devices, we're looking into incorporating user accounts into our future roadmap. Your input is much appreciated!

Back