Open thoughts for WiiM

Why haven't the claims that PEQ is supported been removed from the WiiM Mini and WiiM Pro product pages?

Attachments

• temp.jpg
    temp.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 5
WiiM is adding too many features and trying to be too responsive to feature requests. Soon something will break... Better concentrate on fixing bugs and be done.

Make apple music hi res lossless possible…
To a large degree, that’s down to Apple sorting it out and then allowing third parties like WiiM to offer it too. They’re a hard nut to crack but I’m sure WiiM will chip away at them as and when that happens

To a large degree, that’s down to Apple sorting it out and then allowing third parties like WiiM to offer it too. They’re a hard nut to crack but I’m sure WiiM will chip away at them as and when that happens
Wiim is a game changing device from a game changing company . Maybe they will succeed… I am thinking that Apple Music classical will be the catalyst on Apple side.

Last edited:
Wiim will get at least $150 from me once they fully support Apple Music natively, but not a penny until then as that's my main streaming service. I'd love to try one out, but it's unfortunately pointless without Apple Music for me.

Wiim will get at least $150 from me once they fully support Apple Music natively, but not a penny until then as that's my main streaming service. I'd love to try one out, but it's unfortunately pointless without Apple Music for me.
By that choice you limit yourself. There are other equivalent and maybe better music services.

Make apple music hi res lossless possible…
I believe the Eversolo DMP-A6 does it, by running a custom audio chain on the Android OS. A good bit pricier, tho.

Since you asked:
  1. Change the 12V trigger jack to 3.5mm. I have never seen a 2.5mm 12V trigger jack. I saw a concern about people plugging headphones into this jack. Perhaps the jack could be inactive until it was activated through the app. You could require the user to first acknowledge a disclaimer that this jack is not for headphone use. And/or you could ship the unit with a warning tag attached to plastic plug in the jack.
  2. Include batteries for the remote in the box .
  3. Change the remote to AA batteries which are much more prevalent in (US) households and would give the remote more weight which is desirable to me.
  4. Change the remote to be a constant thickness. The top being narrower than the bottom makes it easier to slide out of one's hand.
  5. Offer a deluxe remote option, backlit and made of aluminum.
  6. Fix the app to be more user friendly. For example the ...Settings on the app is almost exclusively a resources page. The only setting I could find is app language.
  7. Add an ability to manually update unit firmware.
  8. Consider a standalone Android/iOS app which mirrors the functionality of the handheld remote.
  9. Include Spotify, Pandora, iHeartRadio results in searches.
  10. Show bit rate on the main screen of the app.
  11. Make the coaxial output configurable for coaxial output, coaxial input or subwoofer output.
  12. Add a USB input.
That's it for my first week of using a WiiM Pro. I acknowledge that some of these items may not be possible, feasible, or desirable by others.

13. Have the line input usable as a source for Echo speakers.
14. Add a balance control.

Last edited:
Back