Open thoughts for WiiM

Hardware:
Wiim Mini @ $99.00
Wiim Pro @ $149.00
Wiim Pro + physical remote @ $169.00
Wiim Pro + physical remote + speaker amp + 6.35mm headphone out @ $249.00
Wiim Pro + physical remote + speaker amp + 6.35mm headphone out + screen @ $349.00
Wiim Pro + physical remote + speaker amp + 6.35mm headphone out + screen + usb in $379.00
Wiim Pro + physical remote + speaker amp + 6.35mm headphone out + screen + usb in + hdmi arc $399.00
Wiim Pro + physical remote + speaker amp higher power+ 6.35mm headphone out + screen + usb in + hdmi arc $499.00

View attachment 268View attachment 269

Not for me. WiiM Pro is the form and function. Anything else search elsewhere or add components.

Interesting ideals but IMHO rather see WiiM work on perfecting the best streamer. The rest of items listed are easily found by other manufacturer.

True and fair point, althought a screen seems like a big deal its actually quite easy to implement and somewhat seperate from the audio and streaming side of the device.

I'm only a few days in with the wiim pro and impressed however does have a few little quirks.

I feel WiiM is trying to do too much. Fix two things and break one. Too many things happening at once.

Wiim may have overwhelmed on the issue being reported. All I’m seeing at this time send the problem via wiim apps. PEQ is missing in action as well.

True and fair point, althought a screen seems like a big deal its actually quite easy to implement and somewhat seperate from the audio and streaming side of the device.

I'm only a few days in with the wiim pro and impressed however does have a few little quirks.
WiiM already has a screen… right on your Android or iOS device. No screen on the audio stream box needed.

Looking at the possible variations suggested by tommer, I would add one that would reflect my taste.
Wiim Pro + 6.35mm headphone out + screen + aluminum body $/€ 250

hi WiiM team. I have been using the pro for a week and thanks for building a wonderful device.
I find that when switching output during playback, the music player defaults and I again have to browse and playback the file.
It would be better if after switching output, the playback continues automatically.

Any chance of aptx , LDAC support for Bluetooth in a future firware.
Also an early implementation of Samba (SMB) will be wonderful

An option to provide static IP or FQDN if the WiiM Mini / Pro device is not found by auto discovery.

Would be huge help for those who put their home media devices on separate VLAN from one for computers and smartphones.

If anyone from WiiM is reading this. I am sure this advice will bring in a lot of sales and beat Bluesound Node to a pulp. Since your target market are the more technical, practical and objective side of the home audio industry. Who like science good measurements and technical data. It would be wise to target the same type of people in the Smart Home Automation side of things. I am part of both.

Most objective, technical and practical Smart Home Enthusiats use Home Assistant because it is open source and works with high quality low priced devices like Zigbee. If you guys can get your streamers integrated into the Home Assistant eco system wherein clients can create automations that trigger certain songs or playlists in any music zone in their house I am sure you will be selling more than 3 to unlimited units per client.

Imagine these scenarios:
1. Home intrusion triggers motion, window, door and camera sensors then Home Assistant plays Highway to hell in all zones at high volume.
2. Person forgets to turn off the oven, stove or some appliance the Home Assistant plays a certain song in whichever room the client is as a reminder.
3. At a certain time Home Assitant plays dinner playlist at the dinning room zone

Automation with Home Assistant and other smart devices can be endless.

If anyone from WiiM is reading this. I am sure this advice will bring in a lot of sales and beat Bluesound Node to a pulp. Since your target market are the more technical, practical and objective side of the home audio industry. Who like science good measurements and technical data. It would be wise to target the same type of people in the Smart Home Automation side of things. I am part of both.

Most objective, technical and practical Smart Home Enthusiats use Home Assistant because it is open source and works with high quality low priced devices like Zigbee. If you guys can get your streamers integrated into the Home Assistant eco system wherein clients can create automations that trigger certain songs or playlists in any music zone in their house I am sure you will be selling more than 3 to unlimited units per client.

Imagine these scenarios:
1. Home intrusion triggers motion, window, door and camera sensors then Home Assistant plays Highway to hell in all zones at high volume.
2. Person forgets to turn off the oven, stove or some appliance the Home Assistant plays a certain song in whichever room the client is as a reminder.
3. At a certain time Home Assitant plays dinner playlist at the dinning room zone

Automation with Home Assistant and other smart devices can be endless.
Wiim and Alexa routines can do 1 and 3 already

Is WiiM talking to Apple for Apple Music integration?
I believe approaches have been made but it takes a lot of market share, market visibility and track record to convince Apple that they want to work with you. So far, I think Sonos and Tesla are the only third parties that offer Apple Music support, so it’s a very steep hill to climb.

Many thanks to WiiM support for their quick replacement of my defective unit!

It's so much better than the BT receiver I used before.

Back