Open thoughts for WiiM

The Qobuz integration is not showing all tracks in larger playlists. I believe it’s only showing the first 500 tracks with no ability to load more. This renders the integration almost unusable for people with larger playlists.

Last edited:
The Qobuz integration is not showing all tracks in larger playlists. I believe it’s only showing the first 200 or so tracks with no ability to load more. This renders the integration almost unusable for people with larger playlists.
I can list a playlist with over 300 tracks no bother…

I suggest that you raise a ticket with WiiM if you haven’t already done so.

Will the WiiM app come to Amazon Fire tablets? I think it used to be on the roadmap but don’t see it there anymore. Thanks.

Will the WiiM app come to Amazon Fire tablets? I think it used to be on the roadmap but don’t see it there anymore. Thanks.
Set up the Google Play store on the fire tablet and download the WiiM home app from there. It runs well on my Fire HD10 Plus.

Set up the Google Play store on the fire tablet and download the WiiM home app from there. It runs well on my Fire HD10 Plus.
Thanks … you gave me the push that seemed to make me actually do it … lol. Did a quick googling and installed the Aurora App store which lets you download (apparently) directly from the Google Play Store without having to jailbreak/root etc. which I’m not a big fan of (I like to keep it simple). Couldn’t have been easier… was shocked. Did it under 5 minutes for both my Fire tablets: http://auroraoss.com

Now that that‘s done ... just need it to be in landscape mode cuz both my Fire tablets (8 and 10) sit in wireless chargers :) Useless for me for now … BUT I’m sure landscape is coming (think it’s on that same roadmap). Getting closer to the dream …

I can list a playlist with over 300 tracks no bother…

I suggest that you raise a ticket with WiiM if you haven’t already done so.
The WiiM team said that the Qobuz API can only pull 500 tracks. I then reached out to the Qobuz team who said they’d be working on updating their APIs but that they are a small engineering staff and it will be a while. Bummer!

The WiiM team said that the Qobuz API can only pull 500 tracks. I then reached out to the Qobuz team who said they’d be working on updating their APIs but that they are a small engineering staff and it will be a while. Bummer!
Use the WiiM Pro and Chromecast from the Qobuz app itself?

I'd like to see an easier way to switch WiFi .... I went to a dealers on Saturday to try some speakers and tok my Amp and WiiM and it just showed in th epage that it couldn't connect .... there was the option od "Do you want to fix this" which I clicked on and it said re-start the device which I did, it was then just trying to connect and couldn't.
I gave up in teh end and used their Node instead.
Many users experience connectivity but with pro Ethernet connectivity will solve many issue.

Use the WiiM Pro and Chromecast from the Qobuz app itself?
Chromecast from the Qobuz app? Do you mean “connect” to the WiiM from Qobuz? Yes that works however Qobuz only connects to the WiiM using Airplay which is limited to 16/44 quality.

Chromecast from the Qobuz app? Do you mean “connect” to the WiiM from Qobuz? Yes that works however Qobuz only connects to the WiiM using Airplay which is limited to 16/44 quality.
No, I mean what I said - use Chromecast (not Airplay) from the Qobuz app to the WiiM Pro (not WiiM mini) and experience at least 24/96 resolution.

I've just ordered a Wiim mini, basically to play around with and see what all the fuss is about, partially because it looks like Wiim is bringing us tantalisingly close to my own holy grail- a high quality, low cost, 'just add speakers' system.

The emergence of great sounding, highly affordable DACs and amps from the likes of Topping, SMSL, Sabaj and Loxjie based around components from AKM, ESS, TI and Infineon gives me hope that sooner or later, someone will make a one box solution that bridges the entire gap between network and transducers- one that doesn't run into a four figure price tag- and Wiim looks increasingly like the right streaming element in such a system.

I don't know if Wiim making such a box would be stepping on the toes of Linkplay OEMs, but I'm sure there's a market for it.

I've just ordered a Wiim mini, basically to play around with and see what all the fuss is about, partially because it looks like Wiim is bringing us tantalisingly close to my own holy grail- a high quality, low cost, 'just add speakers' system.

The emergence of great sounding, highly affordable DACs and amps from the likes of Topping, SMSL, Sabaj and Loxjie based around components from AKM, ESS, TI and Infineon gives me hope that sooner or later, someone will make a one box solution that bridges the entire gap between network and transducers- one that doesn't run into a four figure price tag- and Wiim looks increasingly like the right streaming element in such a system.

I don't know if Wiim making such a box would be stepping on the toes of Linkplay OEMs, but I'm sure there's a market for it.
You may be right, but I like the modular approach that the current WiiM products offer - if I want a better DAC, I can replace the one I have, and conversely, if I want a better streamer than the Mini, say the Pro, I can easily swap that out without replacing my DAC.

@WiiM Team could you maybe add a function to start playing a random album please? (from my local library on NAS)

I use this function all the time in Moode OS and Plexamp when I feel uninspired ;) (sorry if this is already a feature, I've yet to order my WiiM Pro)

Same as @Brantome, I much rather have a separate streamer, Dac, and amp than a all in one unit. This way only upgrade only what's needed when needed.

Same as @Brantome, I much rather have a separate streamer, Dac, and amp than a all in one unit. This way only upgrade only what's needed when needed.
Lots of people love separates, but for folk who aren't actually into gear (I don't understand it either but they exist and they outnumber us) as well as those with secondary systems in multiroom setups - a good value all in 1 would be ideal.

Hi - I mentioned this in a couple of other posts / places, but the ability to do a pass-through of 5.1 multichannel audio to my DAC would be great!

This would be for SACD / DVD-A rips & the ability to do so would be fantastic (y)

Hi - I mentioned this in a couple of other posts / places, but the ability to do a pass-through of 5.1 multichannel audio to my DAC would be great!

This would be for SACD / DVD-A rips & the ability to do so would be fantastic (y)
I don’t think you can run SACD/DVD-A signal thru coax or optical. You would need to have a 5.1 analog outputs with a decoding dac onboard the streamer. I think there's also a workaround using hdmi to a i2S equipped dac.

Either way would increase the price of the WiiM streamers and with there being a more limited demand for DVD-a or SACD not sure it would be worth it. Using an audio receiver that has a 5.1 analog would be an easier way to accomplish this goal. Then connect the streamer to the receiver for use well streaming.

Back