Open thoughts for WiiM

I believe approaches have been made but it takes a lot of market share, market visibility and track record to convince Apple that they want to work with you. So far, I think Sonos and Tesla are the only third parties that offer Apple Music support, so it’s a very steep hill to climb.
We'd love to integrate Apple Music, but what Brantome said is true. Maybe down the line with your support and WiiM getting some more market share!

Not in that podcast, but I believe summer was quoted by the presenter in a reply to the event in Facebook
No official release yet since we haven't started development on it yet, but we're excited to offer it to you all.

Looking at the possible variations suggested by tommer, I would add one that would reflect my taste.
Wiim Pro + 6.35mm headphone out + screen + aluminum body $/€ 250
Screen is what ever device you are using to control the WiiM. Headphone out… checkout the offerings from Schiit in the USA. Their products have a stackable foot print and the WiiM would easily sit on top.

Still not what you’re looking for? Take a look at Cocktail Audio out of South Korea. They have a couple all-in-one units like you are asking for, just not the price.

I do not understand because @WiiM Team In Pro has not used BlueTooth APTX HD being the Pro a 2023 product. They have used very old BlueTooth.
I don’t care because i do not use BT at all, only WiFi.
But, as i told, we are in 2023 and a more performing BT should have be used.
This for all the guys that intend to use it

I think it's just a matter of Bluetooth coming in handy when necessary, but after all it's not the core function of the WiiM products. Supporting a higher quality Bluetooth standard would've bumped up the price again while 90% of the users probably doesn't care and streams via the network instead.

I have some B&W AptX-HD headphones and an AptX-HD transmitter usually situated less than 4 metres apart. They don't work properly. The AptX-HD connection drops to SBC and cycles back and forth constantly for no apparent reason. Bluetooth just isn't HiFi.

I have some B&W AptX-HD headphones and an AptX-HD transmitter usually situated less than 4 metres apart. They don't work properly. The AptX-HD connection drops to SBC and cycles back and forth constantly for no apparent reason. Bluetooth just isn't HiFi.
Plus why would you want your WiiM device to support those hi res codecs when the phone or tablet you’re using to run the WiiM app probably already has those codecs and the apps for the services you’re accessing?

I have a WiiM Pro at home and have configured the WiiM app with Presets and so on. When I installed a WiiM Mini in my office I was surprised those Presets did not follow with the app. You should allow sharing of Presets, TuneIn and VTuner prefs among various WiiM devices.

@Brantome
In fact, I'm not interested in any type of BT because I don't use it. I was saying this for those of us who use BT instead.
I personally only use WiFi.
Would it have had a price increase? Yes, it can be, but it would have remained extremely competitive.
What I really wanted was an aluminum chassis. As I also read in a review, the plastic box looks really cheap. With the aluminum chassis it would have cost more, but instead of €179 I would have gladly paid €220 and it would have looked better.
For example, the Topping D50s costs €249 with the one-piece aluminum chassis

These units look fine as they are. They can be stashed out of sight anyway. Too much nonsense bling in many units that adds nothing to the function. WiiM and Schiit buck the trend very successfully.

@Brantome Yes, i saw it, but ipv6 and WiFi 6 are the same? I do not think.
My router has a switch to have WiFi 6 on or off and the label of the switch is : WiFi 6 and use 6 Ghz band.
I think that ipv 6 , that i have enabled, is another thing.

Back