Open thoughts for WiiM

Would absolutely love the WiiM app to show on my iPhone’s Lock Screen for easy track advance and volume control. As it is now, I have to unlock my phone and find the app just to pause or skip a track. Not ideal.

Hi
I have the WiiM Mini and as soon as it will be available in Europe I will also buy the Pro, although I would have expected something more audiophile oriented.
I read the Pro features and the audio part, DAC chipset, is identical to the Mini. Burr-Brown PCM5121
So I'll give you some suggestions for what I would like in a third WiiM streamer.
1) SABER chipset DAC, (ES9038Q2M) or AKM
2) Chassy in aluminum, better in one piece
3) A small display where you can see: Album title; Artist; Track title. Check out the Topping M50 which costs €229 in Europe on Amazon.
I don't buy it because its characteristics as a streamer don't Immagine 2022-12-24 070404.jpginterest me. I prefer the WiiM ones.
Who knows, maybe your next product will come close to what I would like.

Update
You could skip step n°1 and do a streamer only. Without any internal DAC. Everyone could connect the DAC they prefer.
On the other hand, points 2) and 3) are essential.
The small display should also show the album cover

Is it possible to edit links in vTunes? The list of vTunes contains the radio I need, but there is no connection to the source. I can listen to this radio by opening the link in "Open Network Link". Fixing the link in vTunes is now relevant because vTunes now shows dynamic information, while the "Open Link" doesn't.

Is it possible to edit links in vTunes? The list of vTunes contains the radio I need, but there is no connection to the source. I can listen to this radio by opening the link in "Open Network Link". Fixing the link in vTunes is now relevant because vTunes now shows dynamic information, while the "Open Link" doesn't.
I wouldn’t think so, vTuner is an external database. Maybe dynamic info will be added to Open Network Stream in due course.
Edit: perhaps you can email vTuner and ask them to correct the link

Thanks for the tip, I thought it was a native app from WiiM. I visited the vTuner's site, and found out that the radio I needed was working on the site. Perhaps there is no point in writing to them? It does not work from the WiiM application. Should I possibly open a ticket from the WiiM app?

Thanks for the tip, I thought it was a native app from WiiM. I visited the vTuner's site, and found out that the radio I needed was working on the site. Perhaps there is no point in writing to them? It does not work from the WiiM application. Should I possibly open a ticket from the WiiM app?
Probably and then WiiM can hopefully compare the two and see why they are different.

1 - a consolidated settings section to reduce the tap-tap-frown-tap syndrome that Dweeeeb2 mentioned.
2 - ability to make margaritas. I suspect we’ll have to wait for the WiiM Entertainment model tho.

I would like to see The Jazz Groove app as is in the WiiM Home app. I have a premium plus plan and I can hear it via copied link on Open Network Stream but I can't see any artwork, titles or artists. just a continuous stream of technical data.. It would be great to find everything that their app shows inside WiiM Home....

I would like to see The Jazz Groove app as is in the WiiM Home app. I have a premium plus plan and I can hear it via copied link on Open Network Stream but I can't see any artwork, titles or artists. just a continuous stream of technical data.. It would be great to find everything that their app shows inside WiiM Home....
Rather than using Open Network Stream, search for it under vTuner. That way at least you’ll see the track and artist name, albeit not album artwork. Maybe that’s something WiiM can add later

Rather than using Open Network Stream, search for it under vTuner. That way at least you’ll see the track and artist name, albeit not album artwork. Maybe that’s something WiiM can add later
Tnx. I'give it a try but I think that i could listen to it only at 128kbs, I think I cannot use my premium plus account (FLAC stream) on vTuner..

Last edited:
Hi
I have the WiiM Mini and as soon as it will be available in Europe I will also buy the Pro, although I would have expected something more audiophile oriented.
I read the Pro features and the audio part, DAC chipset, is identical to the Mini. Burr-Brown PCM5121
So I'll give you some suggestions for what I would like in a third WiiM streamer.
1) SABER chipset DAC, (ES9038Q2M) or AKM
2) Chassy in aluminum, better in one piece
3) A small display where you can see: Album title; Artist; Track title. Check out the Topping M50 which costs €229 in Europe on Amazon.
I don't buy it because its characteristics as a streamer don't View attachment 149interest me. I prefer the WiiM ones.
Who knows, maybe your next product will come close to what I would like.

I vote against the display. The playback info is on the WiiM app. No need to complicate the hardware with noisy electronics.

I agree - esp since my WiiM Pro is under the couch.
Did you lose it there alomg with some loose change?
Careless, I could understand losing the mini, but the pro...

I suppose we all have different use cases. For me, the wiim is metres away from my listening position, but I suppose others would have it as a desktop / headphone solution so it would be right in front of them.
I agree, keep it simple, but then again I don't use the wiim app or even ever look at the wiim itself.

Last edited:
Did you lose it there alomg with some loose change?
Careless, I could understand losing the mini, but the pro...

I suppose we all have different use cases. For me, the wiim is metres away from my listening position, but I suppose others would have it as a desktop / headphone solution so it would be right in front of them.
I agree, keep it simple, but then again I don't use the wiim app or even ever look at the wiim itself.
I never need to touch it. It’s hooked up via Ethernet and then to my Devialets. If i needed to use headphones that would change things.

Update
You could skip step n°1 and do a streamer only. Without any internal DAC. Everyone could connect the DAC they prefer.
On the other hand, points 2) and 3) are essential.
The small display should also show the album cover
Just my two cents regarding WiiM products:
Like Maurizio i think a device without DAC would be useful for many users as most of them seem to own some equipment with digital inputs and a DAC inside.
What makes WiiM outstanding is the ability to deliver the content (including high quality) of almost any streaming service and deliver it "bit perfect" via digital out.
For users like me already owning a device which is network enabled and contains a DAC it would be nice if the "bit perfect" delivering of the content would be possible (maybe only) via network. This would eliminate the loss of metadata via digital out and enable real "bit perfect" playback on devices supporting lossless codecs (flac, alac, dsd, mqa, ...). No need to bother with the streamed content. Just pass through.
Why do i think such a device would attract a lot of people?
Because many manufacturers of audiogear above the lowend segment are not willing / are unable to cooperate with really large music streaming services providing high quality contents. The other way round theese streaming services are not interested cooperating with that kind of manufacturer as their market share is too low to substantially increase their numer of subscribers.

Hi Wiim team,

My wishlist...

1. In the Wiim app, it is way too easy to delete a playlist from a music service. I accidentally deleted a TIDAL playlist by accidentally touching the heart icon in the Wiim app. No 'confirm?' follow up question, just a deleted 500+ track playlist instantly deleted from my TIDAL account itself! Please sort.

2. Better integration with squeezebox/LMS/PiCorePlayer.

Lower priority...

3. Better DAC, e.g. Ess 9038 dac.

4. Screen.

5. Microphones / direct voice control on Wiim device like echo/ nest device.

6. Integration with Sonos speakers, I.e. create speaker group with Wiim devices together with Sonos speakers.

Really enjoying my Wiim mini and pro 😀 Above would make the experience that much better.

Last edited:
Hardware:
Wiim Mini @ $99.00
Wiim Pro @ $149.00
Wiim Pro + physical remote @ $169.00
Wiim Pro + physical remote + speaker amp + 6.35mm headphone out @ $249.00
Wiim Pro + physical remote + speaker amp + 6.35mm headphone out + screen @ $349.00
Wiim Pro + physical remote + speaker amp + 6.35mm headphone out + screen + usb in $379.00
Wiim Pro + physical remote + speaker amp + 6.35mm headphone out + screen + usb in + hdmi arc $399.00
Wiim Pro + physical remote + speaker amp higher power+ 6.35mm headphone out + screen + usb in + hdmi arc $499.00

1675018089932.png1675018115702.png

Last edited:
Hardware:
Wiim Mini @ $99.00
Wiim Pro @ $149.00
Wiim Pro + physical remote @ $169.00
Wiim Pro + physical remote + speaker amp + 6.35mm headphone out @ $249.00
Wiim Pro + physical remote + speaker amp + 6.35mm headphone out + screen @ $349.00
Wiim Pro + physical remote + speaker amp + 6.35mm headphone out + screen + usb in $379.00
Wiim Pro + physical remote + speaker amp + 6.35mm headphone out + screen + usb in + hdmi arc $399.00
Wiim Pro + physical remote + speaker amp higher power+ 6.35mm headphone out + screen + usb in + hdmi arc $499.00

View attachment 268View attachment 269
Interesting ideals but IMHO rather see WiiM work on perfecting the best streamer. The rest of items listed are easily found by other manufacturer.

Back