Open thoughts for WiiM

Onlyoneme, thank for your work, I tried to use your integration. Works well for playback control.
But as you can see, I am interested in multiroom management and automation of these processes. Including between devices on the A31 platform and WiiM.
In the official app it works without any problems. I hope someday it will be possible in the Home Assistant.
Sure. Maybe someone else would implement mrm support on his own. I will consider reimplementation if I convince myself to buy Pro as I have only one device atm.

Next version, with a display, superb DAC and headphone amp, plus the remote, would be a killer product if kept under $500.
73FBE665-B32B-400F-991A-234E6B7A2163 (1).jpeg

Wiim team - I understand that Qobuz are working on their own Qobuz Connect protocol. Could be some way away from being ready (been a year or so already), but are you talking to Qobuz about this?
Would be neat to be one of the first to support this.

I have a music folder on my iPad, which I would like to get acces to. The only access I get within the WiiM mini through browse is the music imported in the music app from Apple. The other thing is that I would like to get access/stream to our local dutch radio stations.
Any idea’s on the above. I.e brouwse the local files of the iPad.!

I have a music folder on my iPad, which I would like to get acces to. The only access I get within the WiiM mini through browse is the music imported in the music app from Apple. The other thing is that I would like to get access/stream to our local dutch radio stations.
Any idea’s on the above. I.e brouwse the local files of the iPad.!
I guess it's Apple's sandbox/security setup that would prevent such access - there's no such restriction on Android.
Re your local Dutch radio stations, WiiM does provide vTuner and Tunein radio which might have them, plus the Open Network Stream feature allows you to add the URL of any radio station if you know what they are

I guess it's Apple's sandbox/security setup that would prevent such access - there's no such restriction on Android.
Re your local Dutch radio stations, WiiM does provide vTuner and Tunein radio which might have them, plus the Open Network Stream feature allows you to add the URL of any radio station if you know what they are
Hi thanks for your info, but I am not that familiar with the technicallities like these. Any help where to find the ‘open network stream’ feature?

Hi thanks for your info, but I am not that familiar with the technicallities like these. Any help where to find the ‘open network stream’ feature?
In the WiiM app main menu. I guess you might have difficulties finding the URL/web address for your radio station streams.

if you let me know which stations, I can see if I can find them in the WiiM app, or indeed see if their URLs are easily available.

At the end of the day, rather than using the WiiM app, you could always Bluetooth from your phone (using perhaps the excellent Radio Garden app) to the WiiM - I’d guess the stations won’t be streamed in that high a quality that Bluetooth couldn’t handle it adequately.

Edit: you might want to use Airplay or Bluetooth to the WiiM for the music files you have on your iPad if you already have an app that can access /play them.

Last edited:
So Asset UPnP would enable my iMac to function as a media server to WiiM Mini?

thanks!
~P
I run AssetUPNP on my Synology NAS, but iirc I did have it running on my PC as long time ago, so if there‘s a MAC version, it should be fine. Isn’t there a trial version you could check out?

Yes there is but I think I’ll get a NAS and get the files off my iMac. I’m retiriing this winter and will ditch the iMac then.

Wiim team - I understand that Qobuz are working on their own Qobuz Connect protocol. Could be some way away from being ready (been a year or so already), but are you talking to Qobuz about this?
Would be neat to be one of the first to support this.
Yes, we are talking to Qobuz about Qobuz Connect! They reached out to us to get this integrated to support their great Qobuz user base!

Hi again. Currently whilst playing a track in Amazon if I want to restart the song I need to hit <| then |> (back then forward). WiiM goes to previous track. In most other apps simply hitting <| goes to the start of the current track first. Suggest making this the same as sometimes the wiim gets a bit confused jumping around tracks
Thanks for your suggestion. I agree with you and will request our team to make this change.

I'd like to see an easier way to switch WiFi .... I went to a dealers on Saturday to try some speakers and tok my Amp and WiiM and it just showed in th epage that it couldn't connect .... there was the option od "Do you want to fix this" which I clicked on and it said re-start the device which I did, it was then just trying to connect and couldn't.
I gave up in teh end and used their Node instead.

Back