Optical in stops working after stand by mode.

Haklek

Hello, after WiiM pro plus have been in stand by mode and you turn it on, optical in is not working from TV (Pretty new Phillips ambilight TV, 2021)
Tried a lot of things, secured that Phillips TV optical out only send 2 channel stereo, turned of atmos, dts, Dolby etc.
Tried change Apple TV with Google TV streaming Netflix in to TV, same behavior, changed tos link cable in to WiiM.
Tried different settings in WiiM app.
My conclusion is.

Two ways of solving the issue.
1. Reboot WiiM from the app.
2. Switch to any other input in the app and back to optical, then it starts to work.
I have the latest sw 4.8.537951
Very annoying, family can’t handle it and wants me to go back to old Pioneer receiver.
Maybe a SW issue in latest SW?
Have posted a ticket to wiim support but also sharing it in the commmunity forum for any one with a similar problem?

Last edited:
Already tried that, no difference.
Either you have to have the WiiM on 24/7/365 as soon as you turn it of with the red button on the remote and turn it on. Audio via the optical in does not work. As soon as you change to any other input source in the app and back to optical the sound starts to work. The only thing the turn of stand by mode does is that it does not go in to automatic standby mode after xx minutes. Auto sensing or not. No difference you still need to change input source and back.
Even if you are in optical in mode when you turn it on you need to go to eg. WiFi and back to optical, then the sound starts to work.
Thanks anyway for trying to help out!

Last edited:
Already tried that, no difference.
Either you have to have the WiiM on 24/7/365 as soon as you turn it of with the red button on the remote and turn it on. Audio via the optical in does not work. As soon as you change to any other input source in the app and back to optical the sound starts to work. The only thing the turn of stand by mode does is that it does not go in to automatic standby mode after xx minutes. Auto sensing or not. No difference you still need to change input source and back.
Even if you are in optical in mode when you turn it on you need to go to eg. WiFi and back to optical, then the sound starts to work.
Thanks anyway for trying to help out!
If you don't press the red power button on your remote and your WiiM is always on, is not there a problem? In that case, do not use the red button. The power consumption of the WiiM remains the same.

Sorry for not being able to help, but I don't use optical input, so I hope someone else or the support team can help you figure it out.

If you don't press the red power button on your remote and your WiiM is always on, is not there a problem? In that case, do not use the red button. The power consumption of the WiiM remains the same.

Sorry for not being able to help, but I don't use optical input, so I hope someone else or the support team can help you figure it out.
I understand the workarounds, but…
there are several users in the family and not all are in to audio tech or have the wiim app installed or know how to switch input source and back to optical because of this error.

I understand the workarounds, but…
there are several users in the family and not all are in to audio tech or have the wiim app installed or know how to switch input source and back to optical because of this error.
It’s called WAF (Wife Acceptance Factor).
Here the WiiM has clearly failed the all important WAF test. I feel for you but you probably will have to go back to what “just worked”.

Haklek, did this issue get resolved for you? I am having the same problem. I have opened a ticket with WiiM support.

Haklek, did this issue get resolved for you? I am having the same problem. I have opened a ticket with WiiM support.
No, I got tired of waiting, so I bought a SMSL C100 external DAC for 100 usd. Now the WiiM is just a streamer in to the DAC via Coaxial input and I am running the optical input from the TV to the smsl.
It works perfectly and also the sound was a little bit more improved. The SMSL remote also runs via IR so I learnt the Apple TV the same signals.

I opened a support ticket. After reviewing the log file, WiiM has concluded that I manually pressed pause somewhere along the way.

My analysis comes to a different conclusion as I can easily replicate the behavior ensuring that I have not manually paused anything. My conclusion is that pressing the WiiM Remote on/off button also sends a pause command to the WiiM Pro Plus when the input is set to Optical Input.

A pause function on the Optical Input makes no sense to me as it is does not pause the data stream on the source, but merely mutes the output. Does anyone know of situations where the source responds by actually pausing?

I found a simple workaround. Instead of using the WiiM Remote on/off button to power on the WiiM Pro Plus, press the WiiM Remote play button. This both turns on the WiiM Pro Plus and 'unpauses' the Optical Input.

Interesting, so the root cause is actually a “feature” pausing the optical in when going in to sleep mode makes no sense if you need to push the play button or switching input.
Hopefully they come up with a fix for this.
As I comment earlier, I now run a SMSL C100 DAC with optical in from the TV and the WiiM in to the coaxial input.
So I bought my way out of the problem, the family is happy, the use the Apple TV remote for turning the the volume up and down on the DAC as well when we stream from the WiiM.

Wszystko tak jak napisał kolega...mam dziesięć sam problem i myślę, że należy to uwzględnić w kolejnej aktualizacji.

Witaj, po przejściu WiiM pro plus w tryb czuwania i włączeniu go, wejście optyczne w telewizorze nie działa (całkiem nowy telewizor Phillips z funkcją ambilight, 2021)
Próbowałem wielu rzeczy, upewniłem się, że wyjście optyczne Phillips TV wysyła tylko 2-kanałowe stereo, wyłączyłem Atmos, DTS, Dolby itp.
Próbowałem zmienić Apple TV na Google TV, przesyłając strumieniowo Netflix na telewizor, to samo zachowanie, zmieniłem kabel łączący na WiiM.
Wypróbowałem różne ustawienia w aplikacji WiiM.
Mój wniosek jest taki.

Dwa sposoby rozwiązania problemu.
1. Uruchom ponownie WiiM z aplikacji.
2. Przełącz na dowolne inne wejście w aplikacji i wróć na optyczne, a następnie zacznie działać.
Mam najnowsze oprogramowanie 4.8.537951
Bardzo denerwujące, rodzina nie może sobie z tym poradzić i chce, żebym wrócił do starego amplitunera Pioneera.
Może problem z najnowszym oprogramowaniem?
Wysłałeś zgłoszenie do wsparcia Wiim, ale także udostępniłeś je na forum społeczności każdemu, kto ma podobny problem?
U mnie to samo.

Back