Playback from cloud drives

ccristal

Hi!
This has been in the "we may work on it in the future" list for some time now. Is there any progress on it?
Many of us have their entire CD collection ripped in FLAC on one cloud service or another, it would be great if there was direct support from the Wiim Home app.

Thank you! 😊

Agreed. I have been waiting patiently for this functionality too.
Rather than finding ways to have a server at home to access local ripped music (which would likely need to be powered 24/7) this would be a great alternative.

What expectations do you have of such functionality, just a basic folder browser?

I was going to ask how long it took to index from cloud storage, although it only really needs the first x00KB of each file (if it contains embedded artwork).

I looked briefly at cost and you're looking around £6 a month, which isn't too bad, although it's a chunk towards a streaming service.

I was going to ask how long it took to index from cloud storage, although it only really needs the first x00KB of each file (if it contains embedded artwork).

I looked briefly at cost and you're looking around £6 a month, which isn't too bad, although it's a chunk towards a streaming service.
Pricing seems ambiguous - this page suggests a one-off purchase (which seems to be £8.99) but the app description does talk about a $6.99 a year (not month) recurring subscription, but that price may vary from country to country…

Pricing seems ambiguous - this page suggests a one-off purchase (which seems to be £8.99) but the app description does talk about a $6.99 a year (not month) recurring subscription, but that price may vary from country to country…
Sorry that's my bad, I was looking at the cost of cloud storage not the app.

Bubbleupnp (android) seems to support a few cloud drives - google drive, box, dropbox, onedrive.
Not tried it myself to comment more on it though.

Sorry that's my bad, I was looking at the cost of cloud storage not the app.
I bought the CloudBeats app around a decade ago (16GB iPhone!) and have used it ever since for my lossless music uploaded to cloud storage. It has the advantage of either allowing streaming or downloading of tracks for offline use. It was a one-off purchase, at least it was back then. There’s 2 similar apps so be careful to choose the right one.

Cloud-based playback offers convenience and accessibility like never before. No more worrying about storage limits or device compatibility. Just upload your content to the cloud, and enjoy seamless streaming from anywhere, anytime. It's a game-changer for modern media consumption.

Bubbleupnp (android) seems to support a few cloud drives - google drive, box, dropbox, onedrive.
Not tried it myself to comment more on it though.
I use it bubbleup to play my music on DropBox to my Onkyo receiver using dlna - works pretty well, but does not recognize all the formats I've used over the years when I ripped music, so can't play everything. Was hoping Wiim might have similar or better functionality but so far, I don't see it.

H
I use it bubbleup to play my music on DropBox to my Onkyo receiver using dlna - works pretty well, but does not recognize all the formats I've used over the years when I ripped music, so can't play everything. Was hoping Wiim might have similar or better functionality but so far, I don't see it.
Have you enabled FFmpeg audio decoding in BubbleUPNP settings under renderers? Which file types aren't being handled?

Back