Playlists

kwolter

I’m assuming that Wiim isn’t able to read .m3u playlists via the home music share? Not seeing mine pointing to LMS.

Last edited:
I’m assuming that Wiim isn’t able to read .m3u playlists via the home music share? Not seeing mine pointing to LMS.
Which WiiM have you got? All apart from the Mini have onboard Squeezelite clients so if you use with LMS and control with Material they can read playlists. The Mini can with UPnP Bridge plugin.

Edit
Forget the WiiM app if using LMS. Put Material on your phone.

I’m using a combination of minis and a Pro. None of them display within Wiim when navigating to the Home Music Share in the playlist directory on LMS. The playlists are visible on LMS directly and iPeng and they work. I should note that I’m using the latest build of LMS on a Mac. Maybe that’s the issue?

If you launch iPeng do your WiiMs appear as players? All apart from the Mini should do.

The Mini’s should also appear if you install the UPnP/Dlna Bridge by Philippe

Yeah, they all show up in iPeng and LMS, and that bridge is installed. And iPeng and LMS can play a playlist to any WiiM. It’s just odd from the WiiM app side. Not a showstopper but strange. What I was ultimately tying to do was to assign a LMS playlist to a WiiM remote button, but I’m not sure if this is even an option. ???

Yeah, they all show up in iPeng and LMS, and that bridge is installed. And iPeng and LMS can play a playlist to any WiiM. It’s just odd from the WiiM app side. Not a showstopper but strange. What I was ultimately tying to do was to assign a LMS playlist to a WiiM remote button, but I’m not sure if this is even an option. ???
Nope.
You really need to forget the WiiM app for everything apart from setup and Amazon. LMS can provide everything else via Material or iPeng and mostly they are better implementations

On Windows .m3u playlists work fine with MediaMonkey, foobar2000, and Jellyfin. I use MediaMonkey because it can run as a service (that is, MediaMonkey doesn't have to be running on your desktop). Jellyfin also runs as a service but the now playing screen album art is stuck on the first song I ever played with it. If you browse the songs in the playlist the correct album art does appear so I assume this is a bug with Jellyfin, not the WiiM Home app. Foobar2000 works correctly but it has to be running on the desktop. There probably is a way to make Foobar2000's DNLA server run as a service but I never looked into it since MediaMonkey's DNLA works perfectly (and is fast).

Plex only works with playlists created in Plex itself. Windows Media Player also works but is exceedingly slow.

Back