LMS playlists missing in WiimHome

rpenti

I have my music files stored on a Vortexbox media server that runs LMS. I also have a number of manually-created playlists that are accessible in LMS (see screenshot).

While my (Android) WiimHome app is able to see, browse and play all the music files on the server, it doesn't seem to acknowledge the presence of a Playlist folder on LMS (see screenshot).

I have a variety of other apps & devices that are able to see and play my LMS playlists, e.g., Squeeze Ctrl on my phone, Squeezelite-X on my Windows desktop, and a Squeezebox Touch. So I'm not sure why they can all see the LMS playlists and WiimHome cannot.

WiimHome is controlling a Wiim Pro Plus connected to my network via ethernet.

TIA for any suggestions.

Rick

BTW, the other item missing from WiimHome but present in LMS -- Random Mix -- would be nice to have too!

Attachments

• LMS_My Music Menu.jpg
    LMS_My Music Menu.jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 3
  • Wiim_Home_Music_Share_Music_Menu.jpg
    Wiim_Home_Music_Share_Music_Menu.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 3
I have my music files stored on a Vortexbox media server that runs LMS. I also have a number of manually-created playlists that are accessible in LMS (see screenshot).

While my (Android) WiimHome app is able to see, browse and play all the music files on the server, it doesn't seem to acknowledge the presence of a Playlist folder on LMS (see screenshot).

I have a variety of other apps & devices that are able to see and play my LMS playlists, e.g., Squeeze Ctrl on my phone, Squeezelite-X on my Windows desktop, and a Squeezebox Touch. So I'm not sure why they can all see the LMS playlists and WiimHome cannot.

WiimHome is controlling a Wiim Pro Plus connected to my network via ethernet.

TIA for any suggestions.

Rick

BTW, the other item missing from WiimHome but present in LMS -- Random Mix -- would be nice to have too!
You are going to have to use squeezectrl, material skin or the default LMS skin to access these things. Wiim app is not a LMS controller.

Update: Turns out my problems could not be solved by controller alone. When I looked into using Material Skin (what a find!) I discovered my LMS was too old to support the plugin. And while my Wiim Pro Plus could see LMS and access its files, no matter what I tried LMS could not see WPP as a player. The controller apps I had — Squeeze Ctrl and Squeezelite-X — couldn’t see the WPP either. Evidence was accumulating that an outdated LMS was the root of these and some other issues I’ve been having with connectivity, distribution and playback in my audio ecosystem. I’ve known for some time that current versions of Linux and LMS would not be able to run on my 12 year old Vortexbox’s hardware. So it was either continue to live with the limitations of an old LMS (even though the Vortexbox has shown no sign of failing), or get a new server. Hey, it’s (almost) Christmas; new server it is!

Got the new server with updated LMS up and running this past weekend. Voila! Everything works. Material Skin is enabled on LMS and now “installed” on my phone (I have happily retired the buggy Squeeze Ctrl). LMS and my various other controllers can now see the WPP as well as the Squeezebox Touch and switch seamlessly between them. LMS Playlist and Random Mix output can now be streamed to my WPP-connected equipment. I finally, finally, finally have my music library streaming to all the destinations I want, controlled by a single app. Happy camper! A big thanks to shinedou for getting me pointed in the right direction.

Back