Pre-purchase advice ?

Caral160867

Hello,

I'm planning to buy a WiiM Pro to use with an analog amp. I have a large library of M4A and DSD recordings on a Synology NAS.

The question is: Should I invest in the WIIM Pro Plus or will the WIIM Pro do the job?

Alain

Hi Alain,

As you're using an analog amp, the sound quality will significantly depend on the internal Digital-to-Analog Converter (DAC) of the WiiM devices. In this context, it's worth noting that the WiiM Pro Plus features a superior AKM DAC compared to the standard WiiM Pro. This advanced DAC in the WiiM Pro Plus offers enhanced sound quality, making it an ideal choice for your specific setup and use case.

Hello,

I'm planning to buy a WiiM Pro to use with an analog amp. I have a large library of M4A and DSD recordings on a Synology NAS.

The question is: Should I invest in the WIIM Pro Plus or will the WIIM Pro do the job?

Alain
Neither wiim will play dsd natively.
tbh, not sure about m4a.

If using the wiim analog out, get the plus.
But get neither if native dsd is a requirement!

Hi Alain,

As you're using an analog amp, the sound quality will significantly depend on the internal Digital-to-Analog Converter (DAC) of the WiiM devices. In this context, it's worth noting that the WiiM Pro Plus features a superior AKM DAC compared to the standard WiiM Pro. This advanced DAC in the WiiM Pro Plus offers enhanced sound quality, making it an ideal choice for your specific setup and use case.
Hello

Can you advise how this enhanced sound quality has been verified please? I understand that the two DACs may produce different measurements, but I am not clear on how this translates into enhanced sound quality?

Hello

Can you advise how this enhanced sound quality has been verified please? I understand that the two DACs may produce different measurements, but I am not clear on how this translates into enhanced sound quality?
I'm sure you've already stated the answer yourself. 😉

"the two DACs may produce different measurements,"

You will struggle to hear any difference but the bigger issue may well be DSD.

Wiim Pro i Wiim Pro Plus ze względu na różne przetworniki cyfrowo-analogowe dla dwóch różnych urządzeń brzmiących.

Pierwszy do szerokiego stereo, klasyczny bas i niski. Trochę składu zespołu, ale bardzo równego, nie krzykliwego, co pokrywa wiele zastosowań przy 2V, nie ma marudzenia i gra całkowicie z wyjścia liniowego.

2 Przy tym samym ustawieniu wzmacniacza dostajemy ogromnego kopa basu, ok. 2x większy niż w Pro, jednak scena stereo i efekt lekkiego osłabienia mocy tonu może być lekkim minusem na początku odsłuchu.

Za rozdzielczościami nie jest aż tak „szeroka”, ale jakość i tak „poczuć”. Moim zdaniem rozwiązanie disco, rnb i urządzenie do wyszukiwania Pro. Jeśli jednak słuchasz jazzu i innych wymagających , wybierz ProPlus

Back