Pro FW 4.8.534050

Not saying "buy me, buy me" to me, especially at that price. And looks like the AI bandwagon is being jumped on like everywhere else - wasn't iTunes Genius similar (albeit perhaps to a lesser degree) all those years ago?

@Wiimer
As a non Spotify user and remaining a little bit skeptic I nevertheless stumbled over this a few days ago and gave it no attention. Do not know if it is already an old hat, but personally I saw the logo the first time.

View attachment 3123

Wow, I saw it for the first time too.

Thank you.😉
Qobuz hasn't started yet, so I'm going to try this first.

Not saying "buy me, buy me" to me, especially at that price. And looks like the AI bandwagon is being jumped on like everywhere else - wasn't iTunes Genius similar (albeit perhaps to a lesser degree) all those years ago?
Personally I judge this pricing ridicoulos and kind of a robbery for what they deliver. But of course people from may be Generation Z have different priorities and thats fine.

I can't wait to try out the new update when I get home! But I have a problem because the Tidal app on my Galaxy S22 hasn't been updated yet (the new v2.92 update is supposed to support Chromecast Audio playback) so I don't know if everything will work properly. Or do Chromecast and Tidal Connect work differently?

I can't wait to try out the new update when I get home! But I have a problem because the Tidal app on my Galaxy S22 hasn't been updated yet (the new v2.92 update is supposed to support Chromecast Audio playback) so I don't know if everything will work properly. Or do Chromecast and Tidal Connect work differently?
Chromecast and Tidal Connect are broadly similar in that they redirect a music stream to a target device, but the former is general purpose and likely to have constraints compared to the latter which is bespoke and tailored for Tidal.

So if I understand it correctly, my S22 will play full-resolution up to 24/192 via Tidal Connect with the current version of Tidal v2.91 and after updating Tidal to v2.92 it will also play Google Chromecast Audio Hi-Res, but according to CCA specifications only 24/96? So far everything is just FLAC 16/44.1.

Superdupremium with added features and a speaker announcing all features coming next....

Don't see the new FW yet, but waiting desperately. Can I somehow trigger the update manually?

A very big quality of life improvement here:

There are "not now" and "upgrade" buttons!

*applauds*

Well done!

still getting 6 to 8 second lags before optical line in sounds kicks in

@Wiimer
As a non Spotify user and remaining a little bit skeptic I nevertheless stumbled over this a few days ago and gave it no attention. Do not know if it is already an old hat, but personally I saw the logo the first time.

View attachment 3123

The Supremium branding is almost enough in itself to make my skin crawl. Add the pricing, and my skin detaches from my body and begins slithering across the floor.

The Supremium branding is almost enough in itself to make my skin crawl. Add the pricing, and my skin detaches from my body and begins slithering across the floor.
Spotify have announced hifi 2 years ago and to this day still no hifi. All we getting is teasing.

My screenshot in comment #13 - I don’t think it’s particularly new tbh…
My mistake. I'm fairly new to the platform and hadn't noticed the buttons offering the choice the first time I did an update (when I first started using my WiiM Pro Plus, about two weeks ago). Or I had forgotten that I had seen them.

I ran the update last night and did see the buttons this time.

There's also a whole thread about non-interactive firmware updates over here: https://forum.wiimhome.com/threads/don’t-unplug-during-an-update.1704/ so I began thinking that the "Not now" and "Upgrade" buttons were not there at all.

Back