Pro 4.8.605650 20240125

Mr Ee

Major Contributor
One of my pros just updated to this firmware version.
No idea what's in it though - no rocket :(

Funnily enough, if I 'check for updates' on my other pros they report they are up to date from a build 20240112

Maybe WiiM are following my example of poor punctuation and spelling for per-source 🤣

Don’t have a firmware update for any of my other devices, nor any new app versions yet. But as usual, give it a few days :)

Device no longer works for me.
WiFi signal is constantly unstable and can't play a complete track without failing - I didn't screen shot the change notes but it was supposed to fix WiFi stability. Mine has had the opposite effect 😞

Device no longer works for me.
WiFi signal is constantly unstable and can't play a complete track without failing - I didn't screen shot the change notes but it was supposed to fix WiFi stability. Mine has had the opposite effect 😞
Do you have mesh WiFi? If so try turning turn off the setting for WiFi "seamless roaming" for the IP of your Wiim.

No mesh WiFi. The only thing that has changed, is the firmware update this morning. Is there anyway to force 2.4ghz perhaps?

Have you tried a factory reset? It’s a little bit of a bind in that you need to go thru setup again and re login to linked services, but it might be your last resort before submitting a ticket…

Just done that thanks. No improvement. Tx rate is very low since this update. Really wish they would beta test these updates. Feels like roulette with each iteration. So annoyed given that the updated touted WiFi improvements and it's been the exact opposite.

Funnily enough, if I 'check for updates' on my other pros they report they are up to date from a build 20240112
Nearly two days later and my other pros are still on the older version. Not unusual though.
However, I've worked out what the code behind the 'Check for Updates' button is.

sleep(1)
print 'Your device is up to date'

;)

Just done that thanks. No improvement. Tx rate is very low since this update. Really wish they would beta test these updates. Feels like roulette with each iteration. So annoyed given that the updated touted WiFi improvements and it's been the exact opposite.
Hi slo_bo,

The recent firmware update is designed to enhance your device's functionality and should not impact the signal strength of your network. If you're experiencing connectivity issues, it might be due to other factors. Here are a few steps you can try:

1. Reboot your router to refresh the network connection.
2. If the issue persists, consider relocating your WiiM Pro closer to the router for a stronger signal.
3. Should these steps not resolve the problem, we're here to help. Please submit a support ticket through our system, and our team will assist you in troubleshooting the issue further.

We're committed to ensuring a smooth experience with our products and appreciate your patience as we work to resolve this matter.

Hi slo_bo,

The recent firmware update is designed to enhance your device's functionality and should not impact the signal strength of your network. If you're experiencing connectivity issues, it might be due to other factors. Here are a few steps you can try:

1. Reboot your router to refresh the network connection.
2. If the issue persists, consider relocating your WiiM Pro closer to the router for a stronger signal.
3. Should these steps not resolve the problem, we're here to help. Please submit a support ticket through our system, and our team will assist you in troubleshooting the issue further.

We're committed to ensuring a smooth experience with our products and appreciate your patience as we work to resolve this matter.
Why did the release notes site WiFi stability improvements if you haven't fettled with WiFi?

I've have to use a work around limiting my 5ghz to 20mhz channel which has the unwanted side effect of grossly limiting throughput on all connected devices throughout the house.

This is holding better in limited testing so far. I can at least get through a track without disconnecting. Not a good solution!

Why did the release notes site WiFi stability improvements if you haven't fettled with WiFi?

I've have to use a work around limiting my 5ghz to 20mhz channel which has the unwanted side effect of grossly limiting throughput on all connected devices throughout the house.

This is holding better in limited testing so far. I can at least get through a track without disconnecting. Not a good solution!
Hi slo_bo,

We've identified and addressed some crash events within the Wi-Fi driver, which were unrelated to changes in Wi-Fi signal strength. If you've noticed improvements by setting your network to 20 MHz, this could indicate the presence of wireless interference in your vicinity.

To mitigate this, we suggest exploring different Wi-Fi channels on your router to find one with less congestion. However, it's worth noting that we typically do not advise narrowing the bandwidth to 20MHz for 5Ghz Wi-Fi, as it may limit performance under certain conditions.

Adjusting your Wi-Fi settings can often alleviate interference issues, enhancing your device's connectivity and overall performance.

So with that being said then; You are absolutely sure that the my issues which coincided with this firmware upgrade are nothing to do with changes implemented as part of the firmware?

So with that being said then; You are absolutely sure that the my issues which coincided with this firmware upgrade are nothing to do with changes implemented as part of the firmware?
I’d strongly suggest you submit a ticket to WiiM when you experience this issue so they can inspect your device logs and help identify the root cause one way or another.

Tickets in thanks Brantome. Popped it in on Friday. I'll keep the forum posted on the outcome.

Back