Problem logging in to Tidal

amnesia

Hi all,
I need help with Tidal and WIIM mini. When I try to log in to Tidal (in the WIIM app), it accepts my log in and password, a green check mark appears, but then it immediately goes back to the log in screen (and I'm not logged in!). Im positive i'm using the correct Tidal user name and password.

The WIIM app on my android phone is definitely connected to the mini.

When I try to use the stand alone Tidal connect app the WIIM mini doesn't appear in the "device" menu. What am I doing wrong???

Thanks for your help
amne

What do you mean by "the stand alone Tidal connect app"? Do you just mean Tidal itself?
There's no need to log on to Tidal within in the wiim app to be able to cast to the wiim from the Tidal app.
But seeing as it seems neither method works for you that's not good!

A reboot / factory reset of the wiim might be worth a shot.
Also try uninstalling / reinstalling Tidal on your phone.

On my Android tablet, the only way to select WiiM as your output device on Tidal is to select the Album, select play, go to the bottom of the screen and tap what is playing, and on the display screen that comes up there will be a small speaker icon in the lower left side. Tap that icon and then you should see your WiiM device available for selection. Tapping the WiiM icon should begin playback through WiiM. Hope that helps!

Indeed, it's a minor pita to have to start playing something in Tidal before you can connect to a device.
I literally can't think of any other streaming service (audio or video) I use that works this way.

Indeed, it's a minor pita to have to start playing something in Tidal before you can connect to a device.
I literally can't think of any other streaming service (audio or video) I use that works this way.
I think its an Android Tidal app thing, my ios tablet Tidal works differently, you can choose your output device before you play.

Hi, thanks for both your responses. To say that Wiim (and tidal's) apps are buggy is the understatement of the year! Let me explain my set up and what I'm trying to achieve and maybe you could point me in the right direction.

I work in an operating room and I have been previously "broadcasting" music from my Tidal account from my android phone (Samsung S10) to a Sony "ghetto blaster" via bluetooth. This works ok, but everytime I leave the room between cases I loose the bluetooth connection and must "re-pair" - a big pain in the ass. I realized the perfect solution is a "streamer", but my big limitation is the only connection I can make from the output of the streamer to the amp/speaker is via bluetooth (since the amp has no other inputs). I have a feeling that I may have overestimated the Wiim's abilities in this regard.

I played around with the Wiim at home and everything worked fine (sort of). The Wiim paired with my phone over my Wifi network, and I outputed the mini to my audio system via Spdif (Toslink), and all works ok - sort of. I just search for music on Tidal and it automaticly selects the mini for output and it all works. The Wiim software is still horribly buggy, but so be it. Once a playlist gets going I can see the song thats playing, but its impossible to view the playlist again! As an alternative, I can use Tidal's app and select the mini from there and get full access to the playlist, but theres no ability to control the volume. Both apps tend to freeze up randomly.

At work, however, its a completely different story. I log on to the corporate Wifi network with my phone AND the Wiim mini without too much drama, but I can't seem to get the Mini to pair with the Sony ghetto blaster for output via bluetooth (I'm not even sure how to do this!). Its all waaaay too convoluted! When I go into the Wiim app and try to search tidal for my playlist it just asks me to log into Tidal but then won't accept my credentials!

Sorry for the long winded post, but as you can probably tell, this is my first crack at streaming, and I'm not even sure that what I'm trying to do is possible. Any suggestions?

Thanks
Amnesia

Okay, I think I'm making some progress.
I figured out how to output to bluetooth. I got an old Bluetooth speaker working on my home setup! Interestingly, it works fine with the cheap speaker, but when I try to pair my Samsung galaxy wireless buds - they pair, but no sound coming through. While i was playing around with various settings I got them working, but they were cycling on and off every 5 seconds, and after playing around a bit more I can't get any sound back on the buds.

I will have to see if I can get the BT ghetto blaster at work going tomorrow.
Too bad there isn't a proper instruction manual pdf for the Mini. Would be much simpler.

Also, I noticed when I disconnect from my home network and then try to get on my work network the Mini seems confused. It thinks my phone is still on my home network (which it isn't) and the Mini is on the work network. I get a message in the app that both the mini and the phone must be on the same network and it makes me set the whole thing up again. weird.

I've also noticed that both the Wiim app and tidal connect seem to work much better (glitch free) from home as opposed to work. Its possible that they have some funky setup at work. IT is always a pain when it comes to music streaming!

Cheers
Amnesia

In my case if I start playing music on WiiM app on iPad. I notice the master track are on 16 bit 44.1 GHz if I then open Tidal connect and go to same song the master track are 24 bits 88 or 96 GHz. If I go then back to wiim app the songs are also 24 bits 88 or 96 GHz.

Olá a todos,
Preciso de ajuda com Tidal e WIIM mini. Quando tento fazer login no Tidal (no aplicativo WIIM), ele aceita meu login e senha, aparece uma marca de seleção verde, mas imediatamente volta para a tela de login (e não estou logado!) . Tenho certeza de que estou usando o nome de usuário e a senha corretos do Tidal.

O aplicativo WIIM no meu telefone Android está definitivamente conectado ao mini.

Quando tento usar o aplicativo autônomo Tidal connect, o WIIM mini não aparece no menu "dispositivo". O que estou fazendo de errado???

Obrigado pela ajuda
amne

Hi all,
I need help with Tidal and WIIM mini. When I try to log in to Tidal (in the WIIM app), it accepts my log in and password, a green check mark appears, but then it immediately goes back to the log in screen (and I'm not logged in!). Im positive i'm using the correct Tidal user name and password.

The WIIM app on my android phone is definitely connected to the mini.

When I try to use the stand alone Tidal connect app the WIIM mini doesn't appear in the "device" menu. What am I doing wrong???

Thanks for your help
amne
The exact same thing happens to me, I've done all possible configurations, uninstalled everything, tidal, wiim home, restarted the phone dozens of times, installed everything again, redid the process hundreds of times and I can't log in and it's not just TIDAL, no I can't log into any other streaming service, totally frustrated and disappointed, I used the wiim for an hour and suddenly the bugs started, the audio stopped and from then on it was just a nightmare!

Hi,

I have mine all sorted out now. My problem turned out to be my corporate network was blocking the WIIM from logging in properly. I don't have much problem using it on my home network, but that wierd Tidal login crap does show up occasionally. You really shoukd never see that message when the wiim is working properly. All Tidal logging in is taken care of by the WIIM invisably in the background. I've actually gotten rid of my mini and got a WIIM Pro which is working quite well at home. The only complaint I have is when I stop using the streamer and come back a day or two later things are often jammed up and I need to re-boot the app to get it working properly - not really a big deal.

The reason the WIIM wont work on my corporate network is logging in is a 2 step process (a "do you really want to log in" message appears but there is no way to program the WIIM to say "yes".

Hope you get yours going
Cheers
Amnesia

Back