Tidal showing 24bit 96khz and higher but DAC always shows 16bit 44.1khz

billohn

I have Tidal Hifi+ on IPADOSPAD17 using Tidal connect to stream to Wiim mini which is hooked up to optical input of Yamaha receiver.
Wiim max rate SET TO AND plays test sample at 24bit 96khz, but no matter the Tidal resolution, Yamaha always displays 16bit 44.1khz

How do I get Yamaha to display 24bit 96khz?

Tidal and Wiim have latest updates installed.

Thank you
Bill

I give up right now on getting my Ipad to play Tidal Flac through Wiim because my LGV60 I use for APTX adaptive to my BW Pi7 earbuds is streaming 24bit 192khz to Wiim mini over Toslink to my Yamaha RX-A2050, Bowers and Wilkens and Martin Logans (w a/b switch) on the first try!!!
Sounds outstanding through the Wiim mini - what a great product! I have open tickets with Wiim and Tidal for getting my Ipad to work with Tidal Flac bit perfect and will post if I am able to get it working.

Maybe are you using the mini from ipad through Airplay2?
This could explain the 44.1KHz 16bit.
You should choice directly WiiM mini, not with Airplay2 1000020200.png

Thank you for the Suggestion!
Yes I am selecting Wiim Mini-FFB6 device in Tidal Connect Cast
My latest thoughts are it has to do with lack of Tidal Exclusive mode support and that Tidal is going through the IOS mixer

My latest thoughts are it has to do with lack of Tidal Exclusive mode support and that Tidal is going through the IOS mixer
If you are using Tidal Connect, then the stream is coming direct from the Tidal cloud to your Mini - your iOS device isn’t in the audio path, nor am I sure that iOS has such a feature as exclusive mode.

Back