Tidal Connect - Android Beta

cam083gp

Is Tidal Connect able to be used with my Wiim Pro for their beta testing for their new flac lossless format?

Natively from my phone straight to my dac (Topping E50), I get multiple sample rate outputs for "master" songs but when I use Tidal Connect through my Wiim Pro to my dac, I only get 16bit/44.1khz or 24bit/48khz output.

This only started when I joined the bet testing on the Tidal app. Does Wiim plan on providing an update that will allow me to beta test via the Wiim Pro or will I have to do bypass the Wiim Pro streamer in order to beta test?

Last I read, the beta was iOS only.
Unfortunately, I have no advice for you, but I can't believe that being able to stream hires flac via tidal connect would require any/alll devices that support connect to require an update.

Last I read, the beta was iOS only.
Unfortunately, I have no advice for you, but I can't believe that being able to stream hires flac via tidal connect would require any/alll devices that support connect to require an update.
I also read only iOS but android gave me the option to join beta which also made an update available; which when connected natively to my mqa dac, behaved differently

this leads me to believe that hi-res flac is also a beta option for Android.

On my settings for Wiim Pro, I have to select beta mqa in order for my dac to fully resolve mqa...Tidal in the Wiim app, can't fully decode mqa, only Tidal Connect from Tidal app & this is why I think an update in Wiim could be the only fix for me to test via Wiim Pro streamer...

I've logged a ticket to see what Wiim officially states.

Same here. I am gussing this is related to the Wiim implementation.

Edit: Feedback from Wiim support

We don't support Tidal hi-res flac at this moment, we got below information from Tidal.
At the time of launch, HiRes FLAC will be accessible on four clients, namely iOS, Android, Web, and Desktop. Please note that this initial release will not support Chromecast, TIDAL Connect or our API-integration which will continue to work in its current state. However, rest assured that we have plans to extend support for these formats in the second half of the year.

Same here. I am gussing this is related to the Wiim implementation.

Edit: Feedback from Wiim support

We don't support Tidal hi-res flac at this moment, we got below information from Tidal.
At the time of launch, HiRes FLAC will be accessible on four clients, namely iOS, Android, Web, and Desktop. Please note that this initial release will not support Chromecast, TIDAL Connect or our API-integration which will continue to work in its current state. However, rest assured that we have plans to extend support for these formats in the second half of the year.
So the issue is with Tidal Connect not supporting the hi-res flac. Since wiim app also doesn’t support Tidal hi-res the only work around is to bypass wiim and connect straight to the dac?

Just tested it yes it works by bypassing the wiim pro and connecting a source to the DAC.
Oh well least I won’t waste anymore to trying to figure out why it wasn’t working.

Last edited:
Back