Tidal Connect again

kevinek

Major Contributor
I have new issue with tidal connect. I start to play on wiim pro or wiim mini and it plays OK for about a half of minute and then switches and continues playing in smartphone only.

Hello. I have a problem with tidal connect. connects always plays one or two songs and then they grind away and you can't do anything. Chromecast is not visible at all, only tital connect is visible

Hello. I have a problem with tidal connect. connects always plays one or two songs and then they grind away and you can't do anything. Chromecast is not visible at all, only tital connect is visible
Hi noris9,

To use Chromecast, first enable it on your WiiM Pro, Pro Plus, or Amp (note: WiiM Mini does not support Chromecast). For more details, please click here. Please feel free to let us know if it works for you. Thank you!

tidal connect only two songs and it turns off and spins in circles
I'd ignore the chromecast comments above, they are irrelevant! (Apart from not being available for the mini!)
It seems that when tidal connect is available, chromecast is not shown as an option regardless of whether it's been enabled on the wiim.

Does Tidal work properly if you play from within the wiim app, or when using a different app such as bubbleupnp or mconnect?
i.e. is this a tidal connect only issue?
Note that bubble allows you to choose between upnp and chromecast.

For everyone: I note that the latest bubbleupnp release notes say that Tidal is now always proxied 'for reliability'.
Interesting...

Last edited:
I use the Tidal app on Lenovo android tablet, select using cast to icon bottom left, then select WiiM Pro on next screen, runs well from there, only disconnects I get is if I pause using WiiM remote for a lengthy time, just run the above seq again and all good, Chromecast not involved

Attachments

• Screenshot_2024-01-07-15-36-32-451.jpeg
    Screenshot_2024-01-07-15-36-32-451.jpeg
    525.1 KB · Views: 9
  • Screenshot_2024-01-07-15-36-47-806.jpeg
    Screenshot_2024-01-07-15-36-47-806.jpeg
    93.7 KB · Views: 9
Just to add my personal experience. . . I use Tidal Connect on my oldish 3rd Generation Ipad mini and it connects to my Wiim Pro Plus reliably and doesn't abnormally disconnect during playback. It will disconnect when paused for any length of time which is annoying but I suppose expected. I use a Wifi Connection for the Wiim / Ipad and the signal strength is strong.

Opened tidal this morning to cast to my mini, and it was way down the bottom of the list as it seems that the tidal app now recognises and lists all my pros twice, as both chromecast and tidal connect. It used to only show one or the other, usually tidal connect.
Oh well, I suppose more choice shouldn't be seen as a bad thing...

Opened tidal this morning to cast to my mini, and it was way down the bottom of the list as it seems that the tidal app now recognises and lists all my pros twice, as both chromecast and tidal connect. It used to only show one or the other, usually tidal connect.
Oh well, I suppose more choice shouldn't be seen as a bad thing...
On what sort of device? Using Tidal (beta) on my Android device, my WiiM Pro streamer only shows up as a Tidal Connect-capable device, and not a Chromecast, although it is set up for that, too.

On what sort of device? Using Tidal (beta) on my Android device, my WiiM Pro streamer only shows up as a Tidal Connect-capable device, and not a Chromecast, although it is set up for that, too.
A pretty old Android tablet.

Strange...
I just opened tidal on a different android tablet, almost the same model, just as old, that's running the same version of the tidal app and it only shows the tidal connect option for my pros.
I also note that this 2nd tablet doesn't show any of my CC groups, whereas the first one does.

Even more strange...
Opened tidal on an android phone, different tidal version, and when I pressed the cast button I saw the CC groups in the list, which refreshed literally within 1 second and now only shows the individual CC devices (video and audio CCs) and the pros as tidal connect only.

In case that's not clear:
1st tablet - shows all CC groups, all CC devices (including pros) and all wiims as tidal connect.
2nd tablet and phone - show only CC devices (excluding pros) and all wiims as tidal connect.

Back