Tidal Connect connection dropping

TommyMilhaus

I am running Tidal Connect via my iPhone on iOS and on my PC through the stand-alone app. This was a small, rare issue earlier, but since about the time Tidal got the MQA update the dropping connection has become much more regular and very frequent. I can start a Tidal Connect stream without issue, however, about 20-30 minutes the connection to the app drops. The stream continues to play music, but I can't see what song is playing and I can't start or stop or advance the song via the PC or the iPhone. If I re-establish the connection manually the stream stops and I have to restart it.

re-establish the connection manually
What does that mean?
This happens to me sometimes, but I find killing and restarting the tidal app (I'm on android) fixes it.
By fixes it, I mean the music never stops, and I can control the stream again.

i.e. seems more like a tidal app issue to me than a wiim issue.

Seems Tidal app SW version related if you ask me. I had the Tidal Connect working almost like a clock until a month
or so when Tidal Connection drop out problem started again. Both on my Samsung Galaxy S20FE and my Galaxy Tab S7 devices.
And the problem is no matter if I stream to my Wiim Mini, Wiim Pro or Bluesound Node 2i. Streaming to my Audiolab 9000n seemed a bit better but that could have been pure luck. I have had this problem from time to time during the years. So please Tidal can you stop reintroducing the same bug when releasing new software.

As I already wrote somewhere, I get this same problem with Bluos and WiiM, playing continues and whilst Bluos and WiiM apps continue to show the correct song and keep control, Tidal app after a while doesn't update the screen, unless it's forced termination and restart. This behavior started after some Tidal update, in the last month(s).

Back