Qobuz only streaming in CD quality

I am having the above issue. I have selected Hi-Res streaming in both the Wiim app and in Qobuz, but my DAC is still reporting 44.1 kHz on Hi-Res streams.

Set the audio output on wiim app 192khz and 24 bit then play the test audio. Make sure you hear the tune.

Done that too.I got a message in the app saying that my future plays would be in hi res, but they're not. Possibly give it a few hours? I've already rebooted the mini.

What WiiM app says about audio resolution?
What about any other hi-res content from WiiM? Does your DAC show it correctly?

Hi, the Wiim app says that 192khz is enabled. The Qobuz portion of the Wiim app says streaming is set to 192khz and I had it working on hi res a couple of months ago but haven't used it in a while. I set everything up like before,but it's stubbornly stuck on 44khz. I don't have any other hi res source unfortunately. The signal strength is very good and 5ghz only is enabled.

Hi, the Wiim app says that 192khz is enabled. The Qobuz portion of the Wiim app says streaming is set to 192khz and I had it working on hi res a couple of months ago but haven't used it in a while. I set everything up like before,but it's stubbornly stuck on 44khz. I don't have any other hi res source unfortunately. The signal strength is very good and 5ghz only is enabled.
You can download any hi-res sample and play it directly from the WiiM app to verify if your DAC shows the resolution correctly.

Solved it! Underneath the choice of 192khz there is now an option to choose 16 or 24 bit. I selected 24 bit now all is well. I swear that option didn't used used to be there and you can't even see it until you scroll down.

Solved it! Underneath the choice of 192khz there is now an option to choose 16 or 24 bit. I selected 24 bit now all is well. I swear that option didn't used used to be there and you can't even see it until you scroll down.
I see, so you had limited WiiM's output to 16 bits and Qobuz couldn't play its hi-res content as it requires 24 bits depth.

That's why @Smartplug has asked you to select both "192khz and 24 bit".

I selected 192khz and heard the tune. I'm pretty certain that until recently, you didn't need to scroll down to the unseen selection of 16 or 24 bit.

I am having the above issue. I have selected Hi-Res streaming in both the Wiim app and in Qobuz, but my DAC is still reporting 44.1 kHz on Hi-Res streams.
I assume you are aware that a pretty fair number of Qobuz "hi-res" files are 44.1 kHz in 24 bits rather than the 16 bits of Redbook CD quality? So you need to check the bit length on both your DAC (if it has a display) as well as the Wiim app. If you see 24 bits, then you are getting hi-res.

I discovered you must put the WiiM app on 24 bit 192khz, even if you know your DAC (Denon AVR 3313 in my case) does not go that high, ie 96khz. It works now, and streams at 96khz. It must sync the clock with the DAC. ALso, the test sample does not play when I choose this setting but it works fine w/Qobuz.

Back