Radio Paradise Metadata

GoodSammy

I’m an early adopter. Over the many updates the Mini has almost rivaled the streamer in my main system. Really pleased with its performance feeding a Schiit Modi3 DAC. When I’m not on Tidal I usually stream Radio Paradise, World Mix. Many times I find a track I’d like to put on my Tidal playlist. However there’s no metadata im the WiiM app displayed. Any chance you can put in a feature request for the next development cycle to at least display the track and artist?

It would be great if, like the Bluesound Node, the album art was displayed in addition to the metadata for the current track playing. I also note the Bluesound offers a choice between CD-quality (presumably FLAC) feeds and MQA feeds. Not sure if the difference is real on Bluesound, but if there is a higher quality RP stream, it would be great to have the option.

It would be great if, like the Bluesound Node, the album art was displayed in addition to the metadata for the current track playing. I also note the Bluesound offers a choice between CD-quality (presumably FLAC) feeds and MQA feeds. Not sure if the difference is real on Bluesound, but if there is a higher quality RP stream, it would be great to have the option.
I think the MQA steam is Bluesound only from memory. Also, you might want to consider using LMS for Radio Paradise - it has everything you’d expect, and that’s what I use to feed the WiiM.

I think the MQA steam is Bluesound only from memory.

It is, and it is not higher quality, lower in fact in that undecoded 16-bit "MQA-CD" is essentially 14-bit resolution for anyone without an MQA decoder, which is most people.

Additionally, that entire process is just a batch encoder in the cloud owned/operated by Bluesound (Lenbrook) and nothing to do with any white glove mastering, supposed authentication, correction of any supposed ADC flaws or anything else, in other words a total crock.

Back