Paradise radio

Mike

Hi. I've been using the Wiim mini for a few weeks and I'm delighted with it.
My only issue is Paradise radio. There is no artwork or metadata and I can't skip any tracks.
Does anyone know if Wiim will support track skipping in the future?

Many thanks
Mike

Same question here Mike. I actually just added a Pro to my Mini today, but am really missing those Paradise Radio features!

Track metadata is coming according to a reply I got from Wiim. Track skipping might be hard to implement though…

Having said that, I notice that LMS does support that on the interactive stream for Radio Paradise - until WiiM provide that, maybe you could use that and the UpNp bridge to play to the WiiM as I’ve just tried…

That's unfortunate and surprising. I can skip tracks in on the web, PC application, Android app, and BlueOS. I do love Radio Paradise, but I think I would stop listening to it or go back to BlueOS if I could not skip tracks.

That's unfortunate and surprising. I can skip tracks in on the web, PC application, Android app, and BlueOS. I do love Radio Paradise, but I think I would stop listening to it or go back to BlueOS if I could not skip tracks.
The current implementation is barely more than using the open network stream feature afaics.

Thanks for your replies. It seems that not many people care about Paradise radio on this forum. It worked perfectly on BlueOS, shame it doesn't on the Wiim.

Thanks for your replies. It seems that not many people care about Paradise radio on this forum. It worked perfectly on BlueOS, shame it doesn't on the Wiim.

it’s early days for WiiM’s implementation of Radio Paradise and even for those of us who are long term fans like me, many may just use it as its name suggests, as a radio. Album art and track name will likely come soon, but I’m sure if you contact WiiM and point them in the direction of other implementations such as Bluos or LMS, they’ll consider adding those to their roadmap. I recently set up LMS on a raspberry pi 3 I happened to have kicking around and the Radio Paradise implementation there is nice - indeed, that’s what I’m playing just now on my WiiM Pro.

I think what newcomers to WiiM perhaps don’t realise is that the WiiM Mini and Pro are at the very early stages of implementation and possibly appear immature compared to other products like the Bluesound Node that have been around for a much longer time - indeed, what was the Node like in its early days in terms of fully fleshed out features? WiiM are currently focussing on adding a lot of features and those will be fleshed out as the products develop.

Last edited:
I recently set up LMS on a raspberry pi 3 I happened to have kicking around and the Radio Paradise implementation there is nice
Good idea! One could also set up moOde on a RPi. moOde offers a good radio player. Although moOde too doesn't deal properly with album art.

moOde facilitates Paradise Radio at lossless. Does the Wiim app permit Paradise Radio at lossless, or only MP3?

Good idea! One could also set up moOde on a RPi. moOde offers a good radio player. Although moOde too doesn't deal properly with album art.

moOde facilitates Paradise Radio at lossless. Does the Wiim app permit Paradise Radio at lossless, or only MP3?
I believe it’s lossless (CD quality / FLAC?) if I’m reading this right?

Attachments

• B64F051C-C310-42A4-86D0-C4587DD27D37.jpeg
    B64F051C-C310-42A4-86D0-C4587DD27D37.jpeg
    387.7 KB · Views: 18
I love Radio Paradise and glad WiiM added the flac streams.
Please add metadata ! Right now I am using Shazam on tracks I’m interested in and never heard. Lol.

I love Radio Paradise and glad WiiM added the flac streams.
Please add metadata ! Right now I am using Shazam on tracks I’m interested in and never heard. Lol.
the same for me, with mini-android and radio in aac ( from icecast )..i need use shazam...
;-)

The radio paradise website has a full track list of what’s been played so rather than having to use Shazam, use that

For those of you lucky enough to use LMS there is “What Was That Tune” which doesn’t just apply to RP

Good to hear thanks. Anyone know if it's there by now for the Mini?
For those with a Pro or Pro Plus, this has become a non-issue, since Paradise Radio have introduced Chromecast to their app. (No Chromecast receiver in the WiiM Mini though.)

For those with a Pro or Pro Plus, this has become a non-issue, since Paradise Radio have introduced Chromecast to their app. (No Chromecast receiver in the WiiM Mini though.)
Not that I can see on my iPad, just AirPlay which the Mini will handle.

Back