Radio Paradise -- 2 Requests/Suggestions

Wiim User #6832

I'd love to see 2 Radio Paradise features implemented in the WiiM Home App:
1. The ability to rate songs
2. The availability of the My Favorites station.

I assume both features require the ability to log into my Radio Paradise account. I know that's possible with Pandora.

Is there a technical reason why these features can't be implemented? Or some other reason? I know it took a while for song metadata to be implemented, so maybe it's just a matter of time?

My gut feeling just now is that the WiiM Home app‘s Radio Paradise is using generic URLs , and that they’d need to develop an interface using RP’s API which might be a good deal of work.

A very good alternative is to use LMS and its Radio Paradise plug-in playing to a WiiM device either using the UPNPBridge plugin, or if you have a WiiM Pro, using the new beta Squeezelite client.

If you have your WiiM device linked to Alexa via the WiiM home app, the Radio Paradise skill linked to your account, and your WiiM device set as the default speaker in an Alexa room/device group, you can ask “Alexa, ask Radio Paradise to play my favourites” either from an echo in that same group. Or simply use the WiiM Remote to ask…

Similarly, you can ask “Alex, ask Radio Paradise to rate this as seven”, or “Alexa, ask Radio Paradise to set the stream quality to FLAC“ (or Ultra)

Last edited:
Adding one more: my previous Bluesound Powernode let me us the Back/FF buttons to skip to the next sound in the RP queue, currently my WiiM amp does not provide this. Would be a nice feature

Roku has an Radio Paradise app. Perhaps the code might be useful for Wiim

Adding one more: my previous Bluesound Powernode let me us the Back/FF buttons to skip to the next sound in the RP queue, currently my WiiM amp does not provide this. Would be a nice feature
Again, I think the Alexa skill I mention above allows you to ask “Alexa, ask radio paradise to skip” etc

Again, I think the Alexa skill I mention above allows you to ask “Alexa, ask radio paradise to skip” etc
Understood, but I don't use Alexa and I was expecting this on the WiiM remote since they provided one. Thanks for the suggestion though

Blusounds Radio Paradise implementation is pretty unique to them in the features it supports. Not sure these are available to other 3rd parties that just rely on the url streams.

Blusounds Radio Paradise implementation is pretty unique to them in the features it supports. Not sure these are available to other 3rd parties that just rely on the url streams.
MQA streams certainly (but I’d expect them to die off like with Tidal) but the LMS Radio Paradise plugin I use is pretty good in the features it supports too with its interactive streams, rating, skipping, favourites stream, metadata etc. In fact, I struggle to think what I’d want that it doesn’t do.

MQA streams certainly (but I’d expect them to die off like with Tidal) but the LMS Radio Paradise plugin I use is pretty good in the features it supports too with its interactive streams, rating, skipping, favourites stream, metadata etc. In fact, I struggle to think what I’d want that it doesn’t do.
How does the LMS plugin work, can it be added to the WiiM home client?

No, it’s purely a plug-in for LMS. I tend to use the LMS Material Skin client to play to my WiiM devices and only really resort to the WiiM Home app for Amazon Music.

No.
LMS is a media server with a number of plugin options that expands its capabilities.
Typically for use with WiiM you would run LMS on a PC or Raspberry Pi and give it access to any local music files you have.
You control it via your phone or similar using the Material plugin.

No.
LMS is a media server with a number of plugin options that expands its capabilities.
Typically for use with WiiM you would run LMS on a PC or Raspberry Pi and give it access to any local music files you have.
You control it via your phone or similar using the Material plugin.
Got it, I used to use LMS when I owned a squeezebox way back. So do I have to run the Material app in my phone's browser or is there an app for it?

Got it, I used to use LMS when I owned a squeezebox way back. So do I have to run the Material app in my phone's browser or is there an app for it?
Material is an LMS plugin which replaces the default web gui with a nice new html5 version.
On iPhone you run via Safari and “Add to Home Screen” which makes it work like an App.
You can do similar on Android but there is also an apk that you can get from GitHub or FDroid

Excellent, thanks @d6jg I'm all set up with LMS/Material on my Qnap and have RadioParadise on my fave's. I appreciate the guidance

Excellent, thanks @d6jg I'm all set up with LMS/Material on my Qnap and have RadioParadise on my fave's. I appreciate the guidance
There is an RP plugin that gives skipping etc

Other plugins of note

Music & Artist Info
BBC Sounds - much better than what WiiM offer
Radio Now Playing - metadata and cover art on a whole host of radio stations where the likes of TuneIn has none
Qobuz or Tidal with Online Music Library Integration switched on

Edit
Don’t stop the music/lastmix

Last edited:
Back